What do you think about this holster/belt? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What do you think about this holster/belt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

You paid $30 too much. (IMO)

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
You paid $30 too much. (IMO)
you might be right. I haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet. What little I have worn it so far though it felt good and seemed to have plenty of support

Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #13

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Looks to be an OK leather belt. I have used belt slide holsters which is kind of the same thing. The lack of cant is the big difference.
The downside is that belts stretch over time. That will probably make this rig of yours less effective over time. Still should get your moneys worth of belt use out of it though.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

I have two worries with this, although it is obviously lightweight and comfortable. I always make my holsters with a full sweat shield between me and the gun. Not only is this for the gun's finish, but to avoid it digging into me when I sit. The other problem is that there is no positive retention. Unlike a Kydex holster which "clicks" and locks the gun in place or a Safariland retention system, if you fall or get knocked down, there is nothing to keep the gun from falling out. Also, anyone grabbing for it in a struggle has no resistance.

If it does what you wish, then enjoy! I'd be sure to run it through some real-world testing before betting your life on it.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7104 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8617

I'm not very experienced but I would prefer a real holster. That's just my opinion.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
I have two worries with this, although it is obviously lightweight and comfortable. I always make my holsters with a full sweat shield between me and the gun. Not only is this for the gun's finish, but to avoid it digging into me when I sit. The other problem is that there is no positive retention. Unlike a Kydex holster which "clicks" and locks the gun in place or a Safariland retention system, if you fall or get knocked down, there is nothing to keep the gun from falling out. Also, anyone grabbing for it in a struggle has no resistance.

If it does what you wish, then enjoy! I'd be sure to run it through some real-world testing before betting your life on it.
it doesn't have the click but is very surprising how well it holds. You're right about the stretching out though. I thought about it rubbing against my skin before I bought it, I figure I've been ocing more and more which takes care of that and when I wanna cc I can just wear an undershirt. I do plan on taking a real holster with me for the first couple weeks until it can prove itself.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1593 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 555

If you want to carry your gun like that get a 3 slot pancake holster. Your gun will be in the same place plus your pistol will be secured. I would hate to see you disarmed by a 10 year old.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #18

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

If your handgun is concealed it does not matter how much is or is not covered. Now if you can be comfortable with it is another thang. Some folks use a clip only or boot grip only on handguns. And there the ole Mexican carry still get used.

I just bought a Bianchi Foldaway to try out. Works well enough with the kahrs I carry for the little time I have had it and it . Only time will tell if it stays around.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bianchi+foldaway&qpvt=bianchi+foldaway&FO RM=IGRE

Last edited by hardluk1; 07-19-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984
Sorry bout that haha
When I saw the first picture I thought two things: fist, that you were carrying your gun with the barrel point up. Then I realized the pics upside down. Then I thought you had only stuck your gun in a belt and called it a holster. I'm sitting there like... Um...

Then I noticed the picture showing the loop in the belt. Suddenly it all made sense.

Personally I wouldn't carry like that. I would be worried about the trigger guard. It looks like it isn't covered very well. And if the belt stretches like someone suggested might happen, the gun could drop lower in the belt, thus exposing the trigger guard more. Personally I just wouldn't like it. But if you like it, more power to ya.

Always have clean socks.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #20

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Well- its a step up from getto carry

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET