What do you carry? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

What do you carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
A good sharp knife & these unless I am feeling paranoid.
What do you carry? - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection
That's awesome, I'll be sure not to mess with you the next time I'm in Sacramento

"Guns don't kill people, it's the projectile flying out of the loud end of the gun at 1300 fps that kills them."
-ME

Work- Sig Sauer P229- .40 cal
Off duty- Ruger LCP- .380 ACP
Kimber Tact. Pro II- .45 ACP

LEO & Sup. Exec. Security Spc.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Ccw

I generally carry either my old Colt 1911, an older S&W J Frame, or my S&W 686. The 686 is my favorite right now.
686-002b.jpg   1911-026b.jpg  

Old 04-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #23

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I carry a Kahr PM9 in a Desantis IWB holster. I need to find something else as this holster isn't working out. Seriously considering a Super Tuck. But they're just so big.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #24

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have a Para Ord LTC that goes with me most the time. It can be any of a few though depending. My Browning Pro-40 has been going with me a good bit more lately for some reason.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry a straw and plenty of spitwads honestly.

G-22 with an iwb and a colt folder

Old 04-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #26
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adyta View Post
S&W Sigma .40.. This handgun is extremely underrated, and tends to get a lot of hate for reasons unknown to me... I've put around 500 rounds through it with no problem. People also say it's inaccurate, but that's probably because of the 10 lb trigger pull. Just takes getting used to.

It's a Glock with a 10 lb trigger pull and a sexy 2 tone.
I carry a Glock 27, but also own a SW40VE. The Sigma is a very dependable handgun. It took me a few months to master the 12 lbs trigger but once I did it made me a better all around shooter. If you have any flaws in your technique this gun will magnify them exponentially. I would trust my life with this gun if the situation arose with no hesitation. It's just easier to carry the smaller Glock for me.

Sigma has a bad name because S&W rushed the first generation Sigma to market way before the gun was ready because they thought Glock was taking the LEO market away from them. They had owned the LEO market with their revolvers up to that time, then Glock came in and started taking that away from them. S&W's production department told the marketing dept that the gun wasn't ready, but they sold them anyway. They were jamb-o-matics that couldn't be trusted in the field. Every LEO department that bought them hated them because they couldn't keep them shooting. S&W screwed themselves with the Sigma. If they had waited until the gun was serviceable they would have never lost the LEO market to Glock. If that first generation Sigma was as good as today's Sigma they would be carried by many more LEOs then are now using them.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #27

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a lot of different guns I carry.. H&K P2000 (duty weapon/issued), S&W 4516 (favorite), S&W 6946, Taurus 2” 38, Glock 21, but most of the time I carry…. My wife.

Glass is required to be armed (police officer) and I don't (fed) so I usually don't carry and as most BG’s will look to me for the threat I just step away raise my hands and smile... Surprise MF

Scubie

Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #28

I carry a Colt Enhanced Officers Model in a Bianchi Shadow OWB holster..
With the extended Chip McCormick mag it is 8+1 rounds

What do you carry? - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Old 04-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #29

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I'm currently packing a rather large meat and two veg. Oh wait you wanted a gun here, silly me.
I carry the Taurus TCP380, why cause it is way lighter and more concealable then my XD40. That has its home in the truck.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:33 AM   #30

keep a naa minnie in 22 mag in the truck at all times and will most likely carry a keltec pf9 when I get my TX CC permit
camping and in the woods gun for when I'm up north is a ruger blackhawk 357 loaded up with some nasty 180 grain cast lead rounds.
for home defense it's an old school 870!
cop style loaded with 00 buck