What to do when you're stopped by the police and carrying... - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > What to do when you're stopped by the police and carrying...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default Well clearly, I have the most recent experience

On this subject! I was the eldest one involved in my recent wreck! When the
leo arrived I presented my credentials & it was a "no-brainer" as who was at
fault! The "30 something fat pig" had blindly pulled out into traffic & was
cited for failing to yield! The leo instantly knew who the ADULT WAS! And yes
I had pepperspray in my left pocket along with a spare mag for my .380 that
I had in my right pocket! Thankfully, things did not present a further threat
to my life as I was outnumbered 5 to 1! She had 4 younger men in her ford
Explorer! This happened on 30 december 2010 @ About 7:30pm when the
roads were very slick & even if I had been going "5 mph" I would still have
collided with the idiot that chose to STOP in my path!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2969 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeisme View Post
I have met some really awsome guys and some ninnys that have done everything from throw my mags into the brush to hold on to them for me to pick up later.
I no expert, but isn't disposing of a citizen's lawfully posessed private property without cause a bit of a no-no? I'd like to think so anyway. Heck, decent mags are not exactly free.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 01-06-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #93

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I no expert, but isn't disposing of a citizen's lawfully posessed private property without cause a bit of a no-no? I'd like to think so anyway. Heck, decent mags are not exactly free.
Yeah, that would be frowned upon... they'd better be able to articulate why they would do that, but since I was not there nor do I know the circumstances I can't really speculate further.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
There is no such thing as a "routine traffic stop". Period.
I know there isn't... first hand. That's why I was a little late starting my career in rescue work. It's also why I put the word routine in quotes. It's a joke. I've worked on your side of the badge for a couple years and realized I didn't have the temperment for it. That's when I switched over to rescue work.

Anyway, here in Florida we do not have to disclose whether we are armed or not unless asked. We don't even have to disclose whether we have a carry permit although many people think it gets you extra credibility in the officer's eyes.

My decision to advise the officer I am armed without being asked depends on the situation. If I am in a situation where the officer is liable to notice it on his own I will advise him/her. If I think there is very little chance of that, such as when I am sitting in a car, I keep my mouth shut.

If all the officers bothered to learn the gun laws I would probably change my mind on disclosure out of courtesy to them. As it is right now that is not the case. My chance of getting arrested by an officer ignorant of the law is very high in this area.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #95

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default A "cwp" has been the best thing I posessed!

As it has given me much leverage against fools that wronged me! It gave me
instant proof that I was not the fool that broke the law & the leo's love
knowing that! Cops HATE surprizes & when I have had to deal with them I
have been very honest! THAT has also given me a lot of leverage as many
of them were customers when I was an hvac contractor! If I were not too
old, I might pursue a career in law enforcement!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #96

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrednk View Post
As it has given me much leverage against fools that wronged me! It gave me instant proof that I was not the fool that broke the law & the leo's love knowing that! Cops HATE surprizes & when I have had to deal with them I have been very honest! THAT has also given me a lot of leverage as many of them were customers when I was an hvac contractor! If I were not too old, I might pursue a career in law enforcement!
I haven't really ventured into this thread because what to do when and LEO stops you and you are carrying will vary based on local/state law, the specific situation and personal preference.........however, I feel I must make a comment on the above highlighted text, are you trying to say that having a CCW permit will make the police trust you more than someone else? or do you feel that by carrying a weapon, you will have the upper hand over those that have "wronged" you? Either way it sounds like you are not mature enough to be carrying a weapon.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #97

Liked 36 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I live in Texas and we're required to show CHL & DL to state troopers, when stopped. In counties or cities, I follow the same rule. I looked up the rules in my city, but could find no laws describing what to do, so I simply follow the state trooper rules -- tell and then show, but only if asked.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #98

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Whatever floats your boat dude.

But in my "neck of the woods" there are a lot of LEO that are scared of guns and scared of citizens with guns...... heck, when I called my PD to get the application for my permit I got the attitude I was "doing something wrong" .....just don't want people to get the impression from your posts that your opinion of LEO attitude is universal across this great land.

Albert Einstein "The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #99

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Lets all think about how NOT to make AZZ-Hats of ourselves.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Closed Thread