what to do if gun is drawn and confrontation ends? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > what to do if gun is drawn and confrontation ends?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Ok, so someone just tried to rob you at the ATM machine, you drew your weapon and the bad guy ran away, you're now dialing 911 thirty seconds later still panicked, what do you say? It's not just the statement you give the officer once he arrives, but also the information he receives before he arrives that could change how things end up. I'm thinking a good cop gets a call saying there was an attempted robbery and someone is still at the scene with a firearm could get interpreted poorly while the officer is in route. Without lying to the 911 operator, what would you want to tell them?
In this instance.... Just get ready to be proned out and cuffed. As soon as you see the police arrive and your safe before they exit vehicle go prone yourself hands out palms up. Be super cooperative tell him where your pistol is , follow his directions then tell story when he is ready to listen.

FWIW... Also make sure your cell phone is not in your hand or within immediate reach. Leave it on tell the operator your putting it down,(this will cause them apoplexy) but don't hang up! their recorders are still on and you can speak loud enough to tell them what you are doing..

Become steel or get cut.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon

In this instance.... Just get ready to be proned out and cuffed. As soon as you see the police arrive and your safe before they exit vehicle go prone yourself hands out palms up. Be super cooperative tell him where your pistol is , follow his directions then tell story when he is ready to listen.

FWIW... Also make sure your cell phone is not in your hand or within immediate reach. Leave it on tell the operator your putting it down,(this will cause them apoplexy) but don't hang up! their recorders are still on and you can speak loud enough to tell them what you are doing..
I can't just subpoena the NSA for a transcript of the phone call during the discovery phase of the trial?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #83

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post

Thomas Jefferson!! I've heard of that guy!! He would of been 295 last month!! See you in the CC line to submit a background check!! Only difference Is I m good either way! Narrow minded people like yourself stay upset over needed changes in an ever changing world!! I have nothing else to say!! Have a great weekend!!
Have yourself a great weekend. I already submitted my background checks for CC and when buying a gun. As far as I'm concerned I'm safer than the majority of Americans. You claim changes are needed and I agree...changes are needed in the leadership and mentality of this country. Too many people have become complacent and are willing to blame an inanimate object or give up some liberty for a sense of security. All of this is ill conceived knee jerk reaction to something we all already knew. Evil exists in the world. Rather than pretend it doesn't exist and try to treat every criminal like they have any shred of humanity left, let's throw them in prison, lose the key and remind them every day what scum they are. These men and women who commit murder do not deserve a second chance. They forfeited their life when they took another. They should not get a chance at parole and quite frankly I'm fine with the death penalty. Means less of my tax money is supporting them in prison. However this thread has taken a severe turn off the main road.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #84

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
The statistics regarding CCW holders do show that escalation is avoided in many instances.
90% of CCW holders never have to draw their gun.
Of the 10% that do, only 1% have to use it.
Determining if you are in that 1% is a life changing decision.
When I posted this originally, it was based on information I was told by the instructor of my CCW class. But after hearing some replies and comments about it's accuracy, I have begun to wonder myself if it is true. I am certain I am correct about what he said....but then again he could have said it wrong or simply been wrong. I tend to agree with the comments that these statistics are too high. Nevertheless, I am diligently trying to get some source to veryify it's accuracy and so far I have fallen short on that task.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #85
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Thomas Jefferson!! I've heard of that guy!! He would of been 295 last month!! See you in the CC line to submit a background check!! Only difference Is I m good either way! Narrow minded people like yourself stay upset over needed changes in an ever changing world!! I have nothing else to say!! Have a great weekend!!
Yep, you definitely don't understand the concept of a RIGHT. Sad, just sad.

Background checks don't work. If a criminal wants a gun, he'll buy one on the streets, he'll steal one, or he'll simply get someone to buy it for him and pay them a little extra for their services.

Narrow minded? I think it's pretty narrow minded to think that a law could prevent a criminal from committing crimes, especially since laws have never bothered them in the first place.

I posted it once, and I'll post it again.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 06-22-2013 at 02:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #86

Liked 427 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1259

our accountant pulled his gun on a guy who was acting strang and trying to corner him in a walmart parking lot,it ended the confrontation imidiately,he got into his truck drove straight to the sheriffs dept and told them what happen,they told him he probably did the right thing took his info and sent him on his way.now in this situation there were no witnesses and no one called the police so it ended well but that probably not always the case.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

JimRau Likes This 
Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
I don't believe in the 2nd amendment?? I don't trust anyone with a gun?? Wow those are strong words!! First of all I love this country and the basic principles and laws that is was founded on!! Human nature may not have changed but the ability to react has, through transportation, communication, etc!! Rage, jealousy, revenge and a million other extreme emotions that may cause a premature use of a firearm 100 years ago had the ability, with time to level off!! Today?? I can be half way around the world in a few hours!! More than that I can call someone to be there in minutes!! I huge difference in the landscape of firearms in today's world!! And now that we know numbers 5 out of 1000 another thing we didn't know 200 years ago!! 5 out of 1000 is to high for me!! If I can help drop that number by submitting a background check to carry a firearm! Why wouldn't I?? Isn't that what we all want, a Safer world?? CC is 1 way to curve violence, so is getting the guns out of the small % of the population that in no way can be justified to carry a butter knife, much less a gun!! Ownership to defend your castle is completely different than 21 year old kids toting there high powered guns to the local library I think we can all agree to that!!
I have spent over half my life (35+ years) in 'the mud, the blood, and the beer' and you could not be more wrong about your assessment of human nature if you tried. My friend you need to rethink your stand on this.
Infringe means to 'restrict or limit'!!! Think about it!!! No LAW that 'restricts or limits' our 2nd Amendment Rights will EVER disarm the evil among us!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This