In what Condition do you carry your Sig? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > In what Condition do you carry your Sig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Not one person can say truthfully that they can draw their weapon and rack a slide (one or two handed) and fire on an acquired target as quickly as one could with a loaded weapon (already chambered).
Absolutely true, but we also have to consider that he conditions that are given to us are not always favorable, thus I definitely see a use for carrying in condition two. For some reason I just can't make myself trust safeties that I can't see, and for some other strange reason I have no problem with revolvers. I always have been shooting GLOCKS and I have always been suspicious of the safeties despite the fact that they have a good track record. I guess my ideal carry would be a 1911 which has "visible" safeties, but as my local conditions does not allow for this, I have to compensate. Unfourtunately when I started shooting guns I lived in a country where any caliber with a bullet diameter larger than 9mm was prohibitet, thus I was never able to shoot a 1911/.45acp, so I went with the Glocks and have grown accustomed to them - for better or for worse. In my current "habitat" I have several factors that speak for a carry in condition two, and despite the fact that I acknowledge that I will never be able to draw as fast from condition two as from condition one, I have weighed the cons and pros and carry in condition two. At least I am carrying a gun and not a paperweight, and I train so that can handle a situation to the best of my abilities from a condition two. Had I lived in a country where I could get a concealed carry license, I would adapt my hardware and carry in condition one... no doubt about that .

Last edited by MB44; 09-05-2010 at 09:28 AM.