In what Condition do you carry your Sig? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > In what Condition do you carry your Sig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sigs are designed to be carried condition 1. At the end of the day, it is a personal decision. Are you comfortable carrying your particular gun that way. I carry mine for years now cond. 1. Same with my 1911s. I feel it just better to not touch the trigger until I intend to put a hole in something. I train that way. If you are gonna carry cond 2, I suggest you train to rack the slide on your draw. I'm sure if you did a quick poll of users, the vast majority carry cond1. Carrying cond1 is the equivalent of carrying a revolver with every chamber loaded. Some folks do carry on an empty chamber. I personally think that is kind of silly too. I carry my gun so I am ready if something goes horribly wrong. So, I prefer to be as ready as I can be.
The 229 is an excellent firearm. It is as safe as a firearm can be.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cko View Post
My uncle was really my introduction into the CandC world. His weapon of choice is a Sig P229, which I happened to like when I shot it. However, he always carries in what I believe is Condition 2, being a loaded weapon with no round in the chamber.

This bothers me for obvious reasons, most notably that in a situation where quick action is needed, a slide racking can be impossible.

My question is this: Who here uses a Sig weapon and what Condition do you carry it in? Is it safe to carry in Condition One despite the lack of a conventional safety?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
I carry a Sig P250, sometimes a Sig P229 Elite and very often a Kimber1911.

An LCP is usually also the pocket.

The only stupid person trick I have had was with my Walther PPS. I was about to clean it, went to de-cock it without realizing there was one the the chamber. I shot clear through a heavy door frame and into the wall beyond.

Never the less, ALL pistols are always chambered.

Last edited by sigp250; 01-14-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Many, if not most people that carry in condition 2 received their handgun training in the military on 1911's. .
Yes, it is correct that the training that I received was from a institute that has a military background, thus I too was taught to carry in condition 2. Would my local circumstances have been different then I too would carry in condition 1, as you undeniable save some fractions of a second in a situation where you have you use your firearm. But as always, CC is a matter of tradeoffs, and in my case I have found what I believe is the best option for me, and I train regularly with exactly the setup that I have chosen. Anyway,.. great background info robocop10mm - I didn't know that....

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Last edited by MB44; 01-16-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #14

I have a SIG P250 and it is always loaded with one in the chamber. I am comfortable enough with my training and experience that I don't fear a negligent discharge.

-Scott

There's no cure for stupid.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #15

Condition 1.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Condition 1 with my Sig P229 for 12yrs then I switched to my XD45C which I also carry in condition 1. It all boils down to what you are comfortable with.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I was under the impression that Condition 2 is hammer down on a loaded chamber, Condition 3 is hammer down on an empty chamber. Not so? Or have they changed it while I wasn't paying attention?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #18

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Traditional Sigs (DA/SA with decocker) are kept with a round chambered and decocked. My 238 is kept like a 1911, chambered, cocked & locked...

Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #19
jbd

condition 1 on all the guns I carry. If I buy a new gun that I have little experience with I shoot it and break it down and clean it over and over until I am 100% comfortable with it, so that I can carry in condition 1. If I ever need to use it to protect myself all I will need to do is remove from holster and locate my target.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:47 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I was under the impression that Condition 2 is hammer down on a loaded chamber, Condition 3 is hammer down on an empty chamber. Not so? Or have they changed it while I wasn't paying attention?

You are correct.