Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   what can they do (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/what-can-they-do-73755/)

Rtyauch 10-05-2012 05:25 PM

OK so I'm working out of town the boss had me pick up an employee from little rock and on the way back I got stopped by dot.. I declared Gun gave them my permit no problems... well I got a call from the boss today he said that the other Guy told him I was carrying and that the other Guy had some felonies and wasnt allowed to have guns around him and said I needed to leave the Guns in the hotel.. I don't like that idea so what's the worse they can do fire me

danf_fl 10-05-2012 05:32 PM

Depending on company policy (with or without a Union), they could teminate you.

Rtyauch 10-05-2012 05:37 PM

No union I reviewed my policy yesterday and their isn't anything about weapons or firearms in it

Rtyauch 10-05-2012 05:41 PM

I'm not to worried about being fired Guy served time for assault and distribution of narcotics.. im not to keen on leaving my guns in a room he has access to

levelcross 10-05-2012 05:42 PM

I would like to say, tell the other guy to find another ride. I would not leave the gun in a motel ever.

c3shooter 10-05-2012 05:57 PM

First, can your employer fire you? Answer is probably yes (but I am not a lawyer, and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night). With the exception of certain protected rights (I cannot fire you because you are a Baptist, vote for Ron Paul, or file a complaint with OSHA) or a written contract, MOST employees are employed "at will". If they want you gone, they CAN tell you to go. For any reason, or no reason.

Second- Felon and firearms. The felon may not have uncontrolled access to firearms. That means when he is around a gun, it is either ON someone, or under lock and key (and he does not have access to the key).

Can't tell you what you should do- call you have to make. Not gonna talk about Ida Dunn (Well, Ida Dunn gone upside his head with a chair, etc)

Rtyauch 10-05-2012 06:03 PM

I plan on just keeping them with me just making sure all they can do is terminate me... CDL truck jobs are everywhere it wouldn't be hard to find another

machengative 10-07-2012 12:55 AM

Definitely would not leave it in the room. Most hotels state do not leave valuables in room. You would open yourself up to having it stolen or allowing someone access to your sidearm.

vincent 10-07-2012 03:06 AM

Tell your boss to stop hiring felons...

Why should you have to put yourself at risk because someone else effed up?

Are you willing to accept the responsibility of your gun being stolen and all the crap that goes along with that by leaving it in a hotel room, just to please your boss?

Tell the 'other guy' to get his own damn ride...

Polygon 10-07-2012 10:01 PM

I have been let go for carrying my gun at work. There was no company policy against having one. However, they simply fabricated a different reason. If they want to get rid of you, they will find a way.

That being said, regardless of policies I am not leaving my gun in a motel/hotel room EVER.