Weird little tip for .380 guys - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Weird little tip for .380 guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Just picked up a sig sauer 380. Seems like a pretty cool weapon for it's size. I am looking forward to bringing it to the range this weekend.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13
Just picked up a sig sauer 380. Seems like a pretty cool weapon for it's size. I am looking forward to bringing it to the range this weekend.
The P238? I want that one! Let us know how it shoots!

Old 09-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #13

Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
I think he meant why would you carry such a small caliber as a defensive tool? I could be wrong though.
there are occasions when carrying my service sized .357 mag is not practical, nor desirable choice for carry, [id really like to get a pocket .32 acp, or a s&w 60]

Old 09-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #14

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvia

The P238? I want that one! Let us know how it shoots!
No, it's an older P230. I shot about 20 rounds through it, I love it.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #15

Liked 1604 Times on 961 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
referring to a pocket size .22 or .25... what dont you understand?
What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.

I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #16

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.

I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.
Lol i agree whole heartedly, and it was funny to boot! . Imo i wouldnt carry anything smaller than a .380 and even that strictly from a statistical stand point is pretty light weight.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #17

Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

That is your oppinion and your preference. As i said, its only as a backup, or if im not able to carry my full size 357, like to a wedding of anti gun cousins. You need to learn to read the full statement or stop trolling/baiting.

Last edited by phildenton; 09-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #18
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7646 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
That is your oppinion and your preference. As i said, its only as a backup, or if im not able to carry my full size 357, like to a wedding of anti gun cousins. You need to learn to read the full statement or stop trolling/baiting.
Agree to disagree. People should carry what they feel competent with. A well placed .22 sure beats a miss with a .45. Please don't argue this.
oldhunter Likes This 
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #19

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Agree to disagree. People should carry what they feel competent with. A well placed .22 sure beats a miss with a .45. Please don't argue this.
Hear, hear. As that great artist and philosopher, Frank Zappa, once said: "It has now been reliably determined that God does not want us all to be the same."

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)