Weird little tip for .380 guys - Page 2


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Weird little tip for .380 guys

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rhyno13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: A small town inTexas
Posts: 664
Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Just picked up a sig sauer 380. Seems like a pretty cool weapon for it's size. I am looking forward to bringing it to the range this weekend.



__________________

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

rhyno13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 194
Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13
Just picked up a sig sauer 380. Seems like a pretty cool weapon for it's size. I am looking forward to bringing it to the range this weekend.
The P238? I want that one! Let us know how it shoots!


__________________
cvia is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gig Harbor,WA
Posts: 838
Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange View Post
I think he meant why would you carry such a small caliber as a defensive tool? I could be wrong though.
there are occasions when carrying my service sized .357 mag is not practical, nor desirable choice for carry, [id really like to get a pocket .32 acp, or a s&w 60]
__________________
phildenton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rhyno13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: A small town inTexas
Posts: 664
Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvia

The P238? I want that one! Let us know how it shoots!
No, it's an older P230. I shot about 20 rounds through it, I love it.
__________________

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

rhyno13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,729
Liked 1604 Times on 961 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
referring to a pocket size .22 or .25... what dont you understand?
What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.


I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.
__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Chainfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,904
Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.

I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.
Lol i agree whole heartedly, and it was funny to boot! . Imo i wouldnt carry anything smaller than a .380 and even that strictly from a statistical stand point is pretty light weight.
__________________
ineverFTF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gig Harbor,WA
Posts: 838
Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.

I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.
That is your oppinion and your preference. As i said, its only as a backup, or if im not able to carry my full size 357, like to a wedding of anti gun cousins. You need to learn to read the full statement or stop trolling/baiting.
__________________

Last edited by phildenton; 09-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.
phildenton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #18
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,707
Liked 7646 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9565

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.


I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
That is your oppinion and your preference. As i said, its only as a backup, or if im not able to carry my full size 357, like to a wedding of anti gun cousins. You need to learn to read the full statement or stop trolling/baiting.
Agree to disagree. People should carry what they feel competent with. A well placed .22 sure beats a miss with a .45. Please don't argue this.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
oldhunter Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cnorman18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Worth,Texas
Posts: 457
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Agree to disagree. People should carry what they feel competent with. A well placed .22 sure beats a miss with a .45. Please don't argue this.
Hear, hear. As that great artist and philosopher, Frank Zappa, once said: "It has now been reliably determined that God does not want us all to be the same."


__________________

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

cnorman18 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
weird story mountainman13 Firearms in the Media 3 08-15-2012 02:55 PM
Weird thing freefall The Club House 6 04-06-2011 04:10 AM
a really weird rifle saviorslegacy General Rifle Discussion 4 02-22-2010 11:49 PM