weight of law? - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > weight of law?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Yea, that's Texas. I haven't heard of any other localities making such changes. There are some college level campuses that you can do such, but I've never seen a Gun Free Zone change to Gun Friendly anywhere. And even if they did, there are so many burning hoops to jump through to do it lawfully that if you so much as farted while walking with a gun on you you'd be breaking the law. It's just to complicated
there was another couple of states that were doing it as well. i think Montana or Wyoming and maybe Utah. someone posted information about it here on the forum a few weeks ago. maybe someone else can remember the other states doing it.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
there was another couple of states that were doing it as well. i think Montana or Wyoming and maybe Utah. someone posted information about it here on the forum a few weeks ago. maybe someone else can remember the other states doing it.
Wyoming, I could believe that especially after they threatened to pass a law to charge Federal officers with Felonies for attempting to enforce Federal Laws banning or limiting firearms ownership.

I think all the states should take the same approach that SC took at the beginning of the Civil War.......somebodies gotta get this party started so it may as well be us......commence firing fire at will (no puns intended)

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post

Wyoming, I could believe that especially after they threatened to pass a law to charge Federal officers with Felonies for attempting to enforce Federal Laws banning or limiting firearms ownership.

I think all the states should take the same approach that SC took at the beginning of the Civil War.......somebodies gotta get this party started so it may as well be us......commence firing fire at will (no puns intended)
Not quite yet, still getting ready

Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandinm380 View Post
Not quite yet, still getting ready
I remember when we were in the process of building the family business. We had this guy that was a site boss, he had a camper and lived on the property during the construction phase (worked out you know, no one would steal anything or dump trash with this dude around) Anyway, I never heard his name, they all called him Papa Smurf. He had a huge white beard, though it was stained with tobacco juice most of the time. I talked with him once, and somehow lead into a gun discussion as I noticed he kept a .38 on the dash of his lift. I said what's that for? I swear to god he answered me that "if one of those sonsabitches gets out of line i'll shoot'em. They all know it, and they don't get out of line." I was like, ok, well I think it's time for me to leave......but just what all do you carry in the camper? His response was, "enough to fight the US army for at least a week."

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Garadex Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #25

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandinm380
If i had somewhere else to go i would but unfortunately all the hospitals and doctors offices are anti gun here and it is concealed as concealed can get, i was mainly wondering what would happen if i had to draw my firearm in one of the many anti gun establishments in my area.
The funny part about this is that if you had to use your gun because someone decided to try to shoot up an anti-gun establishment, they would probably thank you for your help and dedication to safety. It's crazy to think about it, but it i do believe that they would be more thankful then angry.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #26

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

In GA carrying a gun to church is also off limits. So if a crazed lunatic wants to kill a bunch of people in our state, he is going to a school or church. In this respect, there is no separation of church and state.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
In GA carrying a gun to church is also off limits. So if a crazed lunatic wants to kill a bunch of people in our state, he is going to a school or church. In this respect, there is no separation of church and state.
Very true. Sad, but very true.