weight of law? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > weight of law?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenz View Post
One thing I've always wondered is what would happen if you had your gun where law says not allowed. (Such as a school here) and a horrible situation arose (shooter came onto campus and started killing) and you pulled your gun and eliminated the threat. Saving all those kids (and others) lives... I often wonder how the aftermath of that would go down for the (in my eyes) HERO
You know, that would be a great legal question here in GA. As we can technically have a gun on school property as long as we don't depart the car and are just picking up a child in the drive through lane. We also have a law that prohibits criminal and civil action against a person who uses a firearm in a defensive manner. So, if you had to use your firearm while picking up your child at the school in the drive through lane, would they afford you the protection of the law designed to keep you from criminal and civil suits?

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

You know, that would be a great legal question here in GA. As we can technically have a gun on school property as long as we don't depart the car and are just picking up a child in the drive through lane. We also have a law that prohibits criminal and civil action against a person who uses a firearm in a defensive manner. So, if you had to use your firearm while picking up your child at the school in the drive through lane, would they afford you the protection of the law designed to keep you from criminal and civil suits?
Exactly. I wonder how it would play out. Or even if one was to go on campus to pick up their child or what not. And technically broke the law by carrying their gun. But then saved the day from a lunatic that came to cause harm.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Exactly. I wonder how it would play out. Or even if one was to go on campus to pick up their child or what not. And technically broke the law by carrying their gun. But then saved the day from a lunatic that came to cause harm.
I'd guess that as long as you got a gun friendly jury, you'd never get convicted if the DA even decided to pursue them. Though most DA's wouldn't want to loose their job at the next election for charging someone who saved children.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #14

So basically when we go to gun free zones we're all stuck in the dilemma of "obeying the law and be at the mercy of the criminals". Or "disobey the law but be able to protect ourself and others".... crappy

Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
So basically when we go to gun free zones we're all stuck in the dilemma of "obeying the law and be at the mercy of the criminals". Or "disobey the law but be able to protect ourself and others".... crappy
well fortunately, many schools are changing from Gun Free Zones to Gun Friendly Zones. a few here in Texas are and some other states as well. the trend is changing and people are seeing that after the Sandy Hook school shooting, that GFZ's don't work at keeping their children safe.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well fortunately, many schools are changing from Gun Free Zones to Gun Friendly Zones. a few here in Texas are and some other states as well. the trend is changing and people are seeing that after the Sandy Hook school shooting, that GFZ's don't work at keeping their children safe.
To where you can go onto the campus armed?. I'm in AZ. We have to leave them in the vehicle

Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #17

Also, with my kids school, I go to their classroom to pick them up. That's another reason why this topic is on my brain about actually being on the campus and not just in the parking lot

Old 02-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
To where you can go onto the campus armed?. I'm in AZ. We have to leave them in the vehicle
i don't about outsiders carring onto campus, but a few school districts are making it legal for some of the teachers and administrators to carry in school if they have a CC permit. is this a step in the right direction? yes it is! many more are giving it more and more thought.

check this thread out i started.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/another-texas-school-may-allow-concealed-carry-81571/

Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #19

Awesomeness

Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Yea, that's Texas. I haven't heard of any other localities making such changes. There are some college level campuses that you can do such, but I've never seen a Gun Free Zone change to Gun Friendly anywhere. And even if they did, there are so many burning hoops to jump through to do it lawfully that if you so much as farted while walking with a gun on you you'd be breaking the law. It's just to complicated