Weapon choice per reactionary gap. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Weapon choice per reactionary gap.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If your going to use deadly force then use the tool that will be most effective at stopping the threat.

Me.. I'll stick to my firearm. My knife would only be used as a last resort.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #22

Liked 1401 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 429

I don't carry, so my defense in a mugging situation against someone with a knife would be hand over my wallet if asked if they don't go away after that I would try a quick snap kick to their lower stomach/private area and attempt to put some distance between myself and the attacker. If I have my wife or daughter with me things would be different as I can't run faster with a child in my arms than someone carrying a knife.

I don't carry much cash and there is nothing in my wallet worth getting stabbed over. I guess this means my weapon choice is compliance and maybe a kick to the groin.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #23

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i do agree with you that if you carry it you need to know how to use it. thats why i dont carry one, i dont know a damn thing about how to use a knife in a fight. most goblins that you will ever meet dont even know how to hold a steak knife at sizzler much less use a knife in a fight. to them its just an intimidation thing. they typical dont expect resistance.

if your going to carry a knife for protection it HAS to be long enough to reach internals or heavy and sharp enough to cut through muscle clothing and tendons to do damage. most pocket knives dont fall into this catergory. thats what i was trying to get across without going into exhaustive detail. typical folding knives that will fit in a pocket are not good for fighting. thats my point with the typical pocket fodder being only nominally better than nothing.

honestly, peeps that spend the time to really train in knife fighting, martial arts, or weapons in general are not the ones robbing you or carjacking or other typical goblin activity.
I agree with your statement except for the part about the knife having to be long enough to reach vital organs. I know that in most cases you could not instantly stop a threat with folding pocket knife. However, I believe you CAN do enough damage with one to send said threat to the hospital and in some cases, terminate the threat from loss of blood. I don't have my CCW yet so I carry one of these Cold Steel Safe Maker II Fixed Blade Knife 3-1/4" Dagger Stainless Steel Blade Kraton Handle Black - MidwayUSA and between my boxing training and this knife, I feel very certain that I could stop a threat quickly. Unless I'm facing a threat with a gun...

In the end I just feel that ANY knife is better than having no weapon at all.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #24

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

[QUOTE=Dillinger;471947]I would like to see Scubie and Dr.Jason's beliefs based on a very, VERY good demonstration that was being filmed at shot by a guy who was recognized as one of the ELITE correction officer trainers in the country.
QUOTE]

JD- I work at a penintentiary, and I would appreciate it if you would be able to either remember, or possibly find out who this guy is.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 145 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Sorry I have been there with a subject charging me with a knife from 3' away I went for my pistol and he was DRT.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #26

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
Sorry I have been there with a subject charging me with a knife from 3' away I went for my pistol and he was DRT.
What kind of pistol did you have?

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=IGETEVEN;471589]Not me!

Really Jon? What about that tubular shaped thing that holds your head up that contains the trachea, and the jugular and carotid arteries, that sends an oxygenated blood supply to the brain from the lungs and heart called the neck? Very rarely protected and easily slit. Even a small razor blade can sever anything in it.

Lets not forget the eyes. As for blade length,you only have to go in 3",give or take, to reach the off button. Or, one, good, deep slash across the eye brows will send most muggers on there way. Head wounds really bleed,so if they want to hang around it won't be with 20/20 vision. Now having said that,just shoot 'em!

Psalm 138:7