Watering hole - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Watering hole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2990 Times on 1945 Posts

Drunk hip hopper gangsta wanna-bes packin' so de can be bad mofos... One more reason for legal ccw's.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
A gun should never be in a place where you are in contact with people who are drunk! Someone always finds a reason to cause trouble and when confronted with a drunk idiot it is hard to just walk away when being provoked. It's a recipe for danger and should always be avoided! It's never worth the consequences and an ignorant drunk never stops until his buddies drag him away or he pushes you too far. Leave the guns locked up in the car so at least you have a point of retreat.
I dont agree at all. If your there as a designated driver is it ok for a drunken fool to take exception to you not drinking "manly" drinks and stab you to death?? just because a guy is drunk does not wave your responsibility to yourself and family to keep someone from killing you.

Here is another example

Olive garden in wisconsin serves alcohol. On a friday or saturday people can get very stupid so is it ok for a drunk to kill you just cuz he is drunk??
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

IMO unless its illegal wherever you are , if you have a beer with dinner I don't think you should feel the need to dissarm. It may not be the popular Dudley Doright thing to say but that's where I stand. I know how it could be portrayed if something happened but I don't think that's what we're talking about here. Am I any closer to misusing a firearm after I drink? Absolutely not. I wouldn't drink that much to begin with. And I wouldn't drink to much and drive my truck either. I guess what I'm saying is , would the same idiot who gets hammered and drive or gets hammered and carries not do so because its illegal? Obviously not. An idiot is an idiot ,he's the same guy who would stagger out to his car and drive with no regard to others safety. And unfortunately all of the laws in the world aren't going to stop idiotboy.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

You can't legislate stupid.

Same concept with stores that say no concealed weapons. Bad guys aren't going to follow the rules. Laws like that only apply to law abiding citizens. Who are actually the ones punished.

They take away a drunk driver's license and he can still operate a car. Meanwhile I'm paying for insurance and renewing my driver's license every 5 years.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Amen bro, and it applies to a lot of laws. I don't want disregard of the law, but I'm definately not for a police state either. Its not fair for the public or the police. A little common sense and personal responsibility go a long way.