Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Watering hole (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/watering-hole-58584/)

levelcross 02-23-2012 02:20 PM

Watering hole

While at the local watering hole the other night to hear a band that I really like, some Dumb son of a monkey carrying a .32 in his pocket just about castrated himself. He was drinking quite a bit and playing with the gun in his pocket when it went off.

Talking about a Negligent Discharge, luckily no one was injured. Security had him face planted quickly and called the police to take care of him. This is a place that I felt relatively safe as I know the owner and staff well. Just goes to show you that you can never let your guard down.

vincent 02-23-2012 02:23 PM

Did this make the news?

JTJ 02-23-2012 02:58 PM

Here in AZ you can carry in a bar as long as it is not posted and you are not drinking. I never drink when I am driving so I would have to walk and not carry if I intended to drink.

winds-of-change 02-23-2012 04:15 PM

Is it legal to carry in a drinking establishment? And even if you don't "let your guard down" there's nothing that could save you from the guy sitting next to you negligently shooting you by accident in that fashion. What an idiot!!

danf_fl 02-23-2012 04:46 PM

Florida does not allow CCW in a drinking establishment.

Some of my favorite places serves beers in cans and wine coolers in styrofoam cups. The band has chicken wire in front of the stage.
IMO, that is not the place to CCW.

c3shooter 02-23-2012 06:55 PM

Laws vary state to State. VA, a CCW holder or the owner of the establishment can carry- but you CANNOT drink.

With a little luck, the guy playing pocket pool could have qualified for a Darwin Award. You do not have to improve the human race by dieing- removing yourself from the reproduction pool is adequate.

winds-of-change 02-23-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 718044)

Some of my favorite places serves beers in cans and wine coolers in styrofoam cups. The band has chicken wire in front of the stage.

Seriously? Like in The Blues Brothers? Hahaha

WilliamTF 02-24-2012 12:16 AM

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times . What goes together better than alcohol and firearms? Seriously though, have any of you ever been to a turkey shoot? There's a good reason they have someone posted to slide the shell in your chamber AFTER your gun is out the window and downrange.

MrWray 02-24-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl

Sounds like the movie "Roadhouse" :-)

Magnum27 02-24-2012 04:35 AM

Anyone who drinks and carries is an idiot in my opinion. It is worse than driving drunk. I am 100% behind CC but if you are going to be impaired don't do it!