Walther PPS?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Walther PPS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Walther PPS?

Have been looking to get a new off duty weapon. I currently carry a Glock 23 concealed but, it is just a little too bulky and cumbersome. Do to that fact I often find myself leaving the house without it. Not a good thing. I have been looking for a smaller option in .40 S&W. I really like the slim profile of the Walther PPS. Anyone had any experience with this model? Any input?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3475 Times on 1991 Posts
Likes Given: 1525

Muscle memory has a lot to do with handling a handgun.

Is there anything that has the same basic controls position as your duty handgun?

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3

Liked 63 Times on 52 Posts

I have a friend who swears by them. He is a police officer and carries one off duty. I shot his .357 Sig Walther and it functioned flawlessly. It is small so the recoil with the zippy .357 was sharp.

He carries a G23 on duty.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #4

I carry a Glock on duty as well and I love them. I just don't like the bulk to be carrying under a T-shirt in the summer. I have handled the sub compacts and there width is just too much. I liked the profile of the PPS. As far as the hand controls they are both point and shoot, meaning no thumb safety or anything like that. The PPS does have a different style magazine drop but I don't think that would be a big adjustment.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I love the Walther mag release.

When im about to head out with my weapon I drop the mag and check to make sure it's loaded and all is well. That way I'm ready for a mag exchange.

Held a pps .40 Cal yesterday. Amazingly thin. A bit pricey.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I have both the 9 and the 40. The 9 is fun to shoot but the 40 is lively. I am not too recoil sensitive but the 40 is not completely enjoyable to shoot, especially if you want to shoot a 100 rds at a time. Good guns with no problems.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #7

Yeah, I bet the recoil on a .40 that light is something to contend with. The good thing is I will only shoot it enough to be proficient and carry. I have plenty of other guns to have fun with.