Wallet Holster? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wallet Holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

bill - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine

Castle Doctrine only pertains to your home, workplace, and maybe vehicle (I think this is primarily if you work from your car/in some states, they consider it either way... I know PA was recently looking to add legislation about having the car considered under that too)...

Read the details... From what I learned in my handgun classes, you had to surrender personal property... I'll keep looking for more info.

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #12

I don't know about a wallet but it's small. The "Nemesis"

g26-holsters-003-small-.jpg  

"The difference between black and white is 2%"
G19/G23/OD G26/G27/Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS
Walther P22/ Mossberg TAC .22./PUMA 1911-22
NAA Mini 22, Ruger LCP NRA,Rossi Ranch Hand .357

Old 01-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #13

Try masterofconcealment.com. They have one called the Trickster. It prints like a wallet in the back pocket but it holds a small auto. I think it only fits
.22's and .25's. Good for a backup piece though.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #14

i know there is one for a .380 kel tec.you can even fire and reload while the gun is still in the holster

Old 04-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #15

I have one for my Seecamp .32, which I carry in my back pocket for the months I'm not wearing a jacket. (otherwise it's usually a G27 in a Hi-Ride Belt-Slide)
The Seecamp holster has a hard leather flap like described in post #7 that prints like a wallet. A friend of mine has one of the old shoot-through type for a .25 auto, but he dosen't take it out of the house anymore because they've been outlawed. I used to see ads for these in the gun mags, but not anymore. I think the ATF banned them so it's a federal law, not just a state law.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 04-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8692 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Zappa is correct. The wallet holsters that disguised a gun, and permitted it to be fired while still in leather, are treated by the ATF as a NFA firearm (pen gun, flashlight gun, etc) they require registration as an AOW, payment of Fed taxes, etc. And frankly, if someone is holding a weapon on you, your are NOT likely to "get the drop" on them. Most people that get mugged are 3-5 seconds into the mugging before reality seeks in. Pay attention to what is going on around you. Scale model firearms (25 autos, 22s, etc) have sharply limited stopping power.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #17

Default Shoot-through pocket wallet holster

I saw this at a local gun show. They wanted way to much, so I looked on-line for it. Saw a posting that raised the question is it a legal holster.

SHOOT-THROUGH POCKET WALLET HOLSTER for RUGER LCP 380 | eBay

Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #18

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
There is a law that was enacted a while back, initally it swept across the US, it was called The Castle Doctrine, this law gives you the right to stand your ground and fight to protect your property. In Arizona, it also allows the person shooting to protect their property to be considered Innocent until proven Guilty. I really can't believe that a person could be required to surrender their wallet to a criminal, tho I have spoken with several people who even though armed, decided it best to just give the wallet and not start trouble!
I think you might be misunderstanding/mis-stating Castle Doctrine. Castle Doctrine refers to the right to defend yourself in your home. (Home is expanded in some states to include place of business, car, or any place (structure) you legally occupy.)

The "right to stand your ground" is within these structures. It used to be the case that even within your own home you had to retreat if it was being invaded and could only use deadly force if you no longer had the ability to retreat.

It is very different from state-to-state. In most states, you are permitted to protect yourself and others, but not your property.

Very few states allow you to "protect your property". Texas is one that comes to mind. If I am not wrong, you are allowed to use deadly force to protect your property in Texas. This might be folded into their Castle Doctrine, but it is not Castle Doctrine itself.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 08-22-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

About wallet holsters, I use Uncle George's
for my Ruger LCP 380.

http://youtu.be/lhxNFOBxxo0

Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #20

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I'd rather choose the right firearm for my needs, choose the most effective pocket holster, and carry my wallet on my off-hand side.

Then, when I am forced to give up my wallet, my off hand pulls the wallet (distraction), while my strong hand is drawing my firearm.

At least, this is how I carry and just hope that I never have to actually try this shenanigan out for real.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face