Wallet Holster?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wallet Holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Wallet Holster?

Are there any holsters that look like a wallet?

So if you get mugged for your wallet you have a gun disguised as a wallet...?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

idk what guns they're specifically made for but yeah they do exist for some of the mouseguns. very, very cool and creative...

Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #3

Default Wallet guns

My dad had one for years, can't recall what the gun was, very long time ago,
Don't hold me to this, but I'm thinking it was a Beretta tom cat in 25cal atleast that's what comes to mind, I'm sure with a little help from GOOOOOGLE you could come up with some answers.

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You can find pocket holsters out their for small cal. pistols. It would be the same as a wallet type, I guess. A good source might be the Rockefellers or Rothschilds. I'm sure they have some good suitable wallets. Theirs would probably hold a full sized .45!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
You can find pocket holsters out their for small cal. pistols. It would be the same as a wallet type, I guess. A good source might be the Rockefellers or Rothschilds. I'm sure they have some good suitable wallets. Theirs would probably hold a full sized .45!
except with a wallet holster i'm pretty sure you can fire the gun while it's still holstered, at least that was my impression. there's a hole for the trigger and an opening in the wallet at the end of the barrel. not sure how the slide would function while in it, however, but perhaps it's just real hard leather as not to cause as much friction with the slide.

the benefit of this obvious is that the theif will just think you're handing him a wallet when you're really about to blast him. surprise!

Old 10-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=csteinman;9485]except with a wallet holster i'm pretty sure you can fire the gun while it's still holstered, at least that was my impression. there's a hole for the trigger and an opening in the wallet at the end of the barrel. not sure how the slide would function while in it, however, but perhaps it's just real hard leather as not to cause as much friction with the slide.

the benefit of this obvious is that the theif will just think you're handing him a wallet when you're really about to blast him. surprise![/QUOTE

I don't think I have seen one before. That sounds like a good idea. But like you said, the slide might be a problem. Did you ever think about making one?
I've been doing some leather work for a number of years. I might try something.
It does'nt always have to be store bought ya know. Get a starter 'Tandy kit'. You will be surprised at what you can make, and fix.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default wallet holsters

Wallet holsters as described here, where the gun can be fired from inside the wallet, are illegal in Texas even for CHL holders. Seems to me they would be pretty impractical, anyway--if the leather is slick enough and the fit loose enough to allow a small auto to function, it wouldn't be a very secure carry. The only one I ever saw that would work was designed for a 2-shot .22 magnum derringer, and who wants one of those?

On the other hand, there are heaps of pocket holsters with a flat leather flap on the outer side, sometimes removable, that gives the appearance of a wallet in the pocket. One draws the pistol from underneath the flap and can then hold and fire it properly. Very practical and concealable. Just Google "pocket holster" and you'll see a ton of 'em.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #8

I saw one on Ebay

Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #9

Check your state laws, but I'm pretty sure that in most cases, you're required to surrender any personal property... IE... If you're being robbed and they want your wallet, you can't pull out your gun, shoot, and kill them and be ok with the law (unless you can really prove that you're acting in self defense, and that you can prove that to a jury of 12)...

*shrug* - Just something to think about.

Simon

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15

Old 01-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There is a law that was enacted a while back, initally it swept across the US, it was called The Castle Doctrine, this law gives you the right to stand your ground and fight to protect your property. In Arizona, it also allows the person shooting to protect their property to be considered Innocent until proven Guilty. I really can't believe that a person could be required to surrender their wallet to a criminal, tho I have spoken with several people who even though armed, decided it best to just give the wallet and not start trouble!