Waiting period to apply for CCW permit! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Waiting period to apply for CCW permit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #31
Gol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I live in Nh and by law they have to have the permit to you 14 days after applying. You only need 3 personal references and 10 dollars. As long as you're not a felon you get your permit.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp
Nevada is easy. Take the class for $80 ( or free if u r a Frontsight member), the go to the fingerprint bureau and pay them $110 (all of which goes to the police academy)

About 2 weeks later it's in your mailbox.

Then every 5 years it's $60 for renewal
I took my class Free from "The Gun Store". Free class and ammo! Application is $100.25 not $110.
Best part of all, no more $25 background check fee whenever buying firearms.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #33

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk

I took my class Free from "The Gun Store". Free class and ammo! Application is $100.25 not $110.
Best part of all, no more $25 background check fee whenever buying firearms.
Now you need to join Frontsight and get serious professional training for the rest of your life free (once your a member)

Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #34

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp

Now you need to join Frontsight and get serious professional training for the rest of your life free (once your a member)
Doesn't the lifetime membership cost something like six figures?

Unless of course you get an offer for a super special new member price

Old 05-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #35

I live in Washington state. Here you don't have to take any classes, all you do is go down to the sherrifs office and pay your fee. They finger print you, and as long as you pass the background check you should have your CCP in 30 days. Mine came in the mail exactly 30 days after I filled out the paper work.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8726 Times on 3775 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

Re: Armed Flight Deck Officer Program- Federal law Enforcement overides NY State law. http://www.tsa.gov/lawenforcement/programs/ffdo.shtm

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #37

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Re: Armed Flight Deck Officer Program- Federal law Enforcement overides NY State law. http://www.tsa.gov/lawenforcement/programs/ffdo.shtm
This sounds good but u an then only carry to and from the airport to the hotel or home right? Didn't see much clear info..

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #38

Likes Given: 2

had mine in 3 weeks,it depends on the county as to what exactly is required i think in PA(york diff a lil than adams,etc) but in mine it was a visit to the sheriffs office and fill out the form,put 2 references,$20 fee..wait till you get a letter n go in and get your pic taken n they hand you your permit right there in office.

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijoh69
I finished the required class to obtain a concealed weapon permit here in Florida last week, called this morning to make an appointment to come in and apply for the permit- yes, you have to make an appointment, they do not take walk-ins! First available time is not until mid April, a month away!! Dang bureaucracy !! Oh well, I will just try to get more range time in while I'm waiting. What about y'all, how quickly were you able to get your CCW permit?
Took CCW course in Massachusetts on a weekend. Went to Police Station on the following Monday and had my CCW 32 days later. This was in the Berkshires of Western Mass not Boston area.

MA Hammer

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

North Dakota is fairly straightforward. Took Concealed Weapons class and open book exam March 17th. That cost $50. Had to get two passport photos taken, went to PD to get fingerprinted, and turned in my packet to Fargo PD March 19th, with a $45 Cashiers Check to the ND Attorney General. From there it goes to Cass County Sheriff, then to ND Bureau of Criminal Investigation. Got my ND License in the mail Friday May 11. Not bad, considering the ND Attorney General says the BCI receives anywhere from 100 to 300 applications per day. Much of it is due to the oil boom in western ND.