Waiting period to apply for CCW permit! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Waiting period to apply for CCW permit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

In Wisconsin my hunter's education class from when I was 11 or 12 qualifies as "the class" for the CC permit, I photo copied my hunter's education certificate and sent it in along with 50 bucks and the completed application form and had my permit in hand in less than 6 weeks and that was with the backlog due to everyone applying as soon as the law was passed. I'm glad we don't have to go through fingerprinting and interviews and all that BS.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #22

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

With NYC's restrictive hand gun laws, how does an authorized armed pilot deal with NYC?
I think since its technically for my line of work and that I would be trained by the Feds that I could sneak around the laws here...

Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #23

I am in ohio and after the course i turned in my paper work and took about 2 weeks. All in all was about 175 or so, 100 for course, 10 for pics, 68 for sheriffs fee

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Update on mine. I got a call from the PD telling me that my permit is in and ready for pick up. I guess I just had to post in this forum about this to get it done :-)

Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming are free states. Here inWyoming you do not need a permit to carry open or concealed. You must be a Wyoming citizen. You can get a concealed carry permit by mail if you travel out side the state. You may have loaded firearms in transit as well.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp
Nevada is easy. Take the class for $80 ( or free if u r a Frontsight member), the go to the fingerprint bureau and pay them $110 (all of which goes to the police academy)

About 2 weeks later it's in your mailbox.

Then every 5 years it's $60 for renewal
Do you still have to shoot your gun as part of the class in Nevada? I heard that was why they dropped reciprocity with Utah.

It's all lib BS anyway. I think everyone should know their firearms, but are we not all Americans? (Other than everyone on here that's not Americans, of course.)

I got my CCP back in 2007. I took the class in February but never got my permit until May. now it's time to renew, and I don't know just what qualifies as a "passport" photo.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 03-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #27

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Utah has many photo shops they all do the pass port photo. These are just plain black and whites. I have had a Utah CCW going back to the 1990s never had a problem. As a NRA certified Handgun Inst. I have CCWs in a number of western states. Never really had any problems.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

danijoh69,

You don't have to go through the regional office to get your CCW (unless things have changed). When I first got mine, there were no regional offices. I got a packet, followed the instructions, and sent the stuff in. I believe you can still do that. Did you get a packet from the class you took?

When I renewed, I don't recall making an appointment, though I might have. I was also renewing, and the regional office up here in the northeast corner isn't all that busy.

I had my renewal in about two weeks.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #29

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool

Do you still have to shoot your gun as part of the class in Nevada? I heard that was why they dropped reciprocity with Utah.
Yep, you must qualify with a semi auto to carry semi auto, and a revolver to carry revolver.

Takes 5 min of your 8 hour class.

If you can't hit these targets at 15 ft away, u should probably reconsider a CCW anyway

Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
All you guys need to stop your crying and whining!!! I live in ny and if oct I can apply for my TARGET only pistol permit when I turn 21... No one in nys gets a concealed carry unless you are a cop or own a business and in order to have your gun on you u need to have in your possession atleast 10k!! Ohh yeah and btw our waiting period to prodded everything is 6 months!! And I have to go for a real interview.. Not just a finger print handshake see ya later... So please feel bad for me!! Lol
I live in New York too and it took me a little under two months and it is unrestricted. I think it's a county and judge problem. The judge I have for my ccw is fast and knows its not the law abiding citizens that's the problem.