Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Waiting period to apply for CCW permit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Waiting period to apply for CCW permit!

I finished the required class to obtain a concealed weapon permit here in Florida last week, called this morning to make an appointment to come in and apply for the permit- yes, you have to make an appointment, they do not take walk-ins! First available time is not until mid April, a month away!! Dang bureaucracy !! Oh well, I will just try to get more range time in while I'm waiting. What about y'all, how quickly were you able to get your CCW permit?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #2

I'm in michigan. I believe it was just about 2 months from the time got finger printed. My uncle on the other hand, got his in just over a month. We both live in Michigan but different counties.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #3

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I handed mine in November 28th 2011 and im still waiting on mine. In Kent county Michigan they meet the first Thurday of every month and im thinking by the middle of April i should get it. Had to pay $120 for the Cpl class, plus $10 for my picture, plus $105 just for the application for my Cpl and that has to be renewed every five years. Waste of my time but thats what i have to do in Michigan.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
I handed mine in November 28th 2011 and im still waiting on mine. In Kent county Michigan they meet the first Thurday of every month and im thinking by the middle of April i should get it. Had to pay $120 for the Cpl class, plus $10 for my picture, plus $105 just for the application for my Cpl and that has to be renewed every five years. Waste of my time but thats what i have to do in Michigan.
Call State Senator Green's office and share your experience... Because of Kent County and Wayne County's delays, there's a move afoot to move the whole process to the secretary of state.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #5

They said they were waiting for my arrest record from when i was arrested when i was 17 but its nothing im worried about. Its not a felony and the misdemenor i was arrested for was five years ago so it shouldnt be a problem for me. My oldlady handed hers in the same day as me and she recived hers two weeks ago. I guess..

Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #6

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Nevada is easy. Take the class for $80 ( or free if u r a Frontsight member), the go to the fingerprint bureau and pay them $110 (all of which goes to the police academy)

About 2 weeks later it's in your mailbox.

Then every 5 years it's $60 for renewal

Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3239

I live in Mass where the turn around time is supposed to be something like 30 days. Most people I know got it in less time than that, I got mine in 5 days, though, already had major background checks done on me and fingerprints already on file with the feds (military).

Also, waiting for the appointment could be for a number of reasons. When I first got my CCW, the licensing official was also a detective (and second to the Chief, as well as my cousin-in-law...). The LO of the town I live in now also has other responsibilities. That's probably the same where you live.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 03-13-2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: forgot to add something...

Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

All you guys need to stop your crying and whining!!! I live in ny and if oct I can apply for my TARGET only pistol permit when I turn 21... No one in nys gets a concealed carry unless you are a cop or own a business and in order to have your gun on you u need to have in your possession atleast 10k!! Ohh yeah and btw our waiting period to prodded everything is 6 months!! And I have to go for a real interview.. Not just a finger print handshake see ya later... So please feel bad for me!! Lol

Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3239

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
All you guys need to stop your crying and whining!!! I live in ny and if oct I can apply for my TARGET only pistol permit when I turn 21... No one in nys gets a concealed carry unless you are a cop or own a business and in order to have your gun on you u need to have in your possession atleast 10k!! Ohh yeah and btw our waiting period to prodded everything is 6 months!! And I have to go for a real interview.. Not just a finger print handshake see ya later... So please feel bad for me!! Lol
Oh, I do feel bad for you. Just like I feel bad for those that live in Chicago. Sometimes... Then I think "if you hate the place so much, why not move?" Granted, I know some can't for solid reasons. But, unless you have some anchor keeping you there, unable to leave, then there really is no excuse. That's when I stop feeling bad.

I don't mean to sound like an a**, and I'm sorry if I come across as one. And I do realize that no one should have to leave his/her home to be able to exercise a fundamental right, but when there are others that vote these slimeballs into office, and keep them there, then those people need to make a choice. And it's a tough one... stay and basically give up my rights, or leave.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 03-13-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: grammar

Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #10

I feel the same way. There is no reason that every law abiding American shouldnt be able carry a firearm on his/her person where ever they are at. It shouldnt matter what state or city you live in.