Wait time for CPL in Renton WA

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Wait time for CPL in Renton WA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Wait time for CPL in Renton WA

A friend of mine applied for her CPL in Kent PD and she got her license in a week.

I applied for mine last week and called to see the status. They said it will take a month or more due to the backlog.

Why is there so much difference in the time taken by Renton PD vs Kent?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

First welcome to the forum, take the time at the introduction page to meet more members.

Washington CPL can take up to 90 days and a week turn is truly fast. 3-4 weeks is pretty normal and with the so many applying it might take a bit longer. It is a matter of back log at the PD, they have to wait for the reponse from the feds. Your friend that got hers in a week was truly lucky but 3-4 weeks should be expected. It might also come back to your record, if you have something that is in question they will take a second look before deney or approve. Still a week turn arround shouldn't be expected in fact I don't know of anyone who gets that quick of a turn in WA.

Last edited by WDB; 05-07-2009 at 03:50 AM.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #3

Thanks WDB...as you can tell I am an impatient person. ;-)

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome Vince, when you get that paper it's good for five years so the wait is worth it

Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #5

Yes I was amazed when my friend from Kent got her CPL in a week. She has a record including domestic disturbance and assault...so I was really surprised she got it that fast. I have a clean record....not even a speeding ticket so I assume it will go smooth.

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 05-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hard to believe she got her license with those types of convictions, did she tell you she got it in a week or did she show you her License? All the same you should be getting yours soon. Do you own a pistol or are you still figuring out what you want to carry?

Lots of good people here on the forum to help you with question you may have. Did you take the time on the introduction thread? If not, take a few and introduce yourself.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #7

Apparently, another friend of mine got his CPL in a week too. Only Kent PD gives it that fast. Renton is still a 30 day wait. Yes she did show me her CPL.

I just got a Glock 36 today but I'll keep it home until I get my CPL. I do have an AFL.

I need to shop for an IWB holster, some glasses and ear protection. Also a nice range bag!

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut