Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Waffle House Customer Shoots Robber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks View Post
Its sad that these young kids give up their lives over a few bucks, but that's the path they choose by committing the crime. I would have done the same thing as the customer, but it still is sad.
The Law of Natural Selection.

They naturally selected crime as their modus operandi, and a bullet made their already-conceived offspring fatherless just like they themselves were growing up.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #12

I guess I just find any loss of life to be a sad thing. I agree fully that the customer had no other choice and the kid brought it on himself. Of course he was in the wrong and placed a big red target on himself. Like I said, I would've done the same as the customer if it meant saving my life and the lives of the other people around. But that still doesn't make it any less real that a life was lost. Was the kid a hardened heartless criminal? Or was he just the result of a really messed up upbringing? In the moment of self-defense those questions don't matter and you do what you gotta do. But when I stop to think that this kid was only 19, it would make me wonder what led him to literally throw his life away.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #13

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Once a person makes the decision to commit violent acts against innocent people,they have NO moral value to me. Whenever a person is killed while commiting their violent crimes,they get exactly what they deserve

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #14

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Once a person makes the decision to commit violent acts against innocent people,they have NO moral value to me. Whenever a person is killed while commiting their violent crimes,they get exactly what they deserve
I'll buy that.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5275 Times on 2750 Posts
Likes Given: 333

gun contro working as intended. how exactly is it that a 19 year old man get a hold of a handgun when its illegal for anyone less than 21 to posess one without consent of a parent or guardian. just another example of why all gun control needs to be repealed.

but im sure he was just using the robbery as a means of turning his life around

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
See you lose me when you say someone has no value. Life is life, no matter whose life is lost. If a criminal places me at the crossroads of choosing between my life and theirs, well then I'm going to choose to save my life. But that doesn't mean I want to kill someone. I simply want to not be killed.

Difference of opinion or difference of perspective I guess. Everyone is free to see it as they wish. Just sharing one more viewpoint.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #17

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks

See you lose me when you say someone has no value. Life is life, no matter whose life is lost. If a criminal places me at the crossroads of choosing between my life and theirs, well then I'm going to choose to save my life. But that doesn't mean I want to kill someone. I simply want to not be killed.

Difference of opinion or difference of perspective I guess. Everyone is free to see it as they wish. Just sharing one more viewpoint.
I respect your opinion and the way that you think about people. I have dealt with the criminal element for a little over a decade. I have sat and talked to hundreds of inmates about their crimes while i worked in the prison. Alot of them show no remorse for what they have done to their victims, and some would say that they did but if they discharged you would soon see their face on the 10 o'clock for robbing or killing someone else. I have worked on the streets and worked the crime scenes,and ive seen the pain in the victims eyes while i helped clean up the mess left behind. Ive had to tell the parents that their sons or daughters had been killed, and ive seen children placed into DHS custody because domestic violence ended in bloodshed.

I think the way i do because......... I do

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #18

Liked 1662 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks View Post

I understand where you are coming from. It is sad that someone had to die. But, at least it was the right someone. I hope I never have to take a life. But if put in that position, I would have done the same thing.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #19

Liked 1662 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 1126

I am a Christian. I feel that anyone can ask for forgivness. Some people just choose not to...or they wait too long.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I hope dude got to finish his hash browns & with a free warm-up on his coffee.

Anybody else find it interesting that they had a mug shot of the dead robber right handy?
what are you trying to say? this statement can go in the way of @19 already
had a rap sheet or Conspiracy

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649