Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Video: Proof that Conceal Carry Permit Holders Live in a Dream World

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If running away and hiding works, wouldn't running away and hiding with your Glock 19 work better?

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 07-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I've seen this before, and agree with the majority of the posts I've read. ABC (and every other "main stream news" network failed to mention the fact that U.S. citizens, armed with mainly handguns, use them an average of 2.5 million times to stop crimes, often without firing a shot.

This video proves nothing except that merely having a firearm without knowing how to use it (training) won't help anybody. If their caption had read, "Firearms training is essential to use one in self defense" I'd be cool with it, but that's too long and doesn't imply that guns are bad.

If they had really wanted to do an objective test to video they should've gone to a gun club or firearms training center. They may have figured that the armed citizens with proper training would've given their "bad guys" a run for their money, if not made them look like school children.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wmille: Thanks for posting the "Truth about AK47 Firepower" video... It makes some good points.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Last edited by Alchemist; 07-08-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

*yawn*

More pandering to a captive audience of like believers.

That video is so easy to tear to pieces using BASIC firearms and situational training I am not going to waste my breath, or the effort.

How's about we try that scenario with (4) random FTF Supporting Members?! See what happens then.....

JD

Old 07-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8631 Times on 3740 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Here's a thought- send the shooter into a room where 30 people are sitting. 15 of them are CCW holders. I would say the odds are very high that he would not leave that room.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt