Video: Proof that Conceal Carry Permit Holders Live in a Dream World - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Video: Proof that Conceal Carry Permit Holders Live in a Dream World

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1154 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
And beyond all the built in bias, I have two questions:

2. The scenario was a college classroom. What about the concealed carry holder in the classroom next door? Could that person be ready when the killer moves up the hallway?
That's an often overlooked and excellent point about carrying and one that seems like it's becoming more common with recent events, like school shootings and other attacks on large groups of people not just an individual trying to rob someone.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #12

Liked 2605 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2526

Who the hell wears a helmet and gloves in a classroom?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #13

Default training

I agree with only one point in this video..TRAINING IS KEY! I haven't ridden a bicycle in over 50 yrs..Yes I can still ride it but not very well..Without training you can still shoot your gun..but not very well..The rest of the video is just like all the games they referred to...pure fantasy!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've seen this posted on another board and it's BS pure and simple. Of course, when has that ever mattered? You can append "scientific" on practically anything and people will take it as gospel.

Look at that nutjob Bear Grylls. Do 9/10ths of the stunts he pulls and you'll find yourself dead or dying PDQ. But he's an expert. People will believe anything if it's stupid enough. Try applying a little common sense and they'll look at you like you're from another planet.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

That was no study, That was some BS created by liberals to help their cause. Had they had someone with a real ccw, the shooter may have been dead before fired his first shot.

PS. Pull your shirt back if it is over the gun like that so the gun doesn't get stuck in it.

OK, done with my rant.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Trained instructor, weapon drawn getting a running start, knowing which novice student has the gun concealed. Hmmm I'm shocked by the results
Training is good, training under stress is even better. I think this video helped stress the importance of that. It's a shame they have to skew obvious results to fit their anti agenda.

I love the "Most of the time, running away or even hiding works better" or the "expert" with the argument "only 50 percent of the criminals would actually fire, out of that only xx% would actually hit you and out of that only xx% of those hits would actually be fatal, just play the odds!!"

Dear lord that's brilliant! Just duck and cover and hope the statistics lottery is in your favor. Then count on the good will and poor marksmanship of psychopaths, and everything will be just fine

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 07-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Trained instructor, weapon drawn getting a running start, knowing which novice student has the gun concealed. Hmmm I'm shocked by the results
Training is good, training under stress is even better. I think this video helped stress the importance of that. It's a shame they have to skew obvious results to fit their anti agenda.

I love the "Most of the time, running away or even hiding works better" or the "expert" with the argument "only 50 percent of the criminals would actually fire, out of that only xx% would actually hit you and out of that only xx% of those hits would actually be fatal, just play the odds!!"

Dear lord that's brilliant! Just duck and cover and hope the statistics lottery is in your favor. Then count on the good will and poor marksmanship of psychopaths, and everything will be just fine
Mmmm, Hiding and hoping while your friends and classmates are being slaughtered or turn the guy into swiss cheese and save almost all or all the people in the room including yourself.... I think I'll go with filling the guy full of holes.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Mmmm, Hiding and hoping while your friends and classmates are being slaughtered or turn the guy into swiss cheese and save almost all or all the people in the room including yourself.... I think I'll go with filling the guy full of holes.
Not to mention, it's kind of hard to miss when he puts that gun to your head and pulls the trigger, which he would have all the time in the world to do since you ain't shootin' back.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat View Post
Not to mention, it's kind of hard to miss when he puts that gun to your head and pulls the trigger, which he would have all the time in the world to do since you ain't shootin' back.
Yeah, It's kind of hard to miss that shot unless he's the worst shot in the world.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

untrained people plain and simple, the kid who had the experience on the range is good at shooting paper not a man with a gun. The state of Indiana does not require a person to take a class before getting there CCL the state of Kentucky does. The news has all ways thought they know what there talking about esp. with guns. The reason KY is so awesome when it comes to guns is people like this

remember the news said this rifle could blow a deer to smithereens...

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."