Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > VersaCarry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1682 Times on 873 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Default VersaCarry

Has anybody try one of these yet?

https://www.versacarry.com/how-it-works/

How do you like it? Here’s the older thread:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/concealed-carry-holster-46794/

The new one, GII, has a trigger guard.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5469 Times on 2856 Posts
Likes Given: 354

thats pretty neat. i would like to know opinions too!!

it does look like it would ride the gun up off the rod tho. with my luck it would do that and drop right down my pants leg...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have two and like them very much. I have one for my M&P9c and a shorter one for my BG .380.

I find that now, I actually use the longer version for my BG, when I want to deep conceal. The gun will be barely noticeable, and if I had an even longer version, it would be completely hidden by my belt.

I tend to use it when I'm at some dressy-casual social function, when I'm not wearing a jacket and a cover garment would look out of place. It's not quick to access the gun that way, but I still have it with me.

The guide rod "snaps" into the barrel. You do need a belt.

They definitely serve their purpose for me. No thickness of a holster to worry about, and the gun stays secure.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I think I'm gonna order one I carry fullsize a lot should work well

Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They only work with very loose clothes and short barreled weapons. You have to put away the ammo and practice, practice and then practice some more. They make it look easy to use, but it isn't. You have to try one to understand. If they have one at a local gun shop ask to try it if they will let you open the package. They aren't for everyone. I would never use one and I have been carrying since 1989. Of course that is just my opinion. SHOOT STRAIGHT!

Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info maybe I'll wait and see one at gun show or something no holster ever works as advertised in the videos lol .been carrying for 10yrs always lookin for the perfect but never found it have a few that I love but never enough

Old 02-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

They are definitely a "niche" option. I don't use mine every day, but I do use it relatively often. I dont think it is slow to draw at all if the gun rides at a level typical of most iwb holsters. They are slower to reholster without a doubt. That's definitely where looser clothing helps. But it's not uncomfortable at all, and it is not nearly as thick as any holster, so you create a little looseness in your clothes that helps.

The only other caution I would mention is that I have an earlier version. They were coming out with a newer version with a trigger guard. I don't want one for my BG .380' as the DAO trigger is heavy and I don't worry about it. Some other types of trigger mechanisms would make me think about it before ordering one without the trigger guard.

It's different. That's for sure.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I went on their site they only sell the g2 wich has the gaurd for the price I might just order it

Old 09-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i've got the newer version with the trigger guard. however the guard only covers one side. versacarry advises to use it with no round in the chamber. i'm not too fond of that but not too comfortable with one side of the trigger exposed either. how do you carry yours and have you encountered any issues with the way you carry it?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Seems just a matter of CYA to me. Why would you need a trigger guard if you were following their advice to carry the firearm unchambered?

I have one of the originals (no trigger guard). A friend has one with the guard. Personally I don't like it. I don't think it's necessary. There's nothing between me and the gun to snag the trigger when it's in my waist band. When you're putting the gun on its already on the versacarry. The riskier move would be trying to replace the gun after drawing it. I tend to use mine more as a deep conceal with dress clothes, so hopefully I never will have to do that....or just pull the versacarry out and replace it as a unit.

Another thing that gives me a sense of comfort though, is that most of the time I'm using it with a Bodyguard .380. The heavy trigger pull is very unlikely to lead to an AD.

To each his own, though.

Last edited by Tom86; 09-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.