Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Vehicle Holster Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 04:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
How and when you can carry in GA is subject to some strange laws. I would highly suggest that you head here and do some homework:

Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news

While you do not need a GFL (Georgia Firearms License, our CWP/CCL/CHL/ETC) to carry loaded in a vehicle, if you are ineligible to get a GFL - you can't. If you intend to hang out here, I also suggest dropping by the introductions area...
The one state which I drive through with the glove-box open.....

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 08-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Take a moment and stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here and who you are.

I don't have any experience with this holster but I will throw out this

Vehicle seat holster The only one on the market! Please advise us the type of gun you have and holster orientation

I've also seen one where there is a strap around the bottom of the seat and the holster is attached behind your legs on the front of the seat. I personally like this location the best as it is basically hidden from anyone who approaches the vehicle and you have quick access to it. I tried to find it but couldn't find the one I liked. I'll keep looking.
I got a cheap kydex and mounted my XD on the front of the seat in my old Chevy truck right between legs. People riding with me didn't even know it was there. But my F150 has all cloth seats so I really like the strap deal. Will look at my options first thing in the morning.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I work in a welding machine shop so I ended up making my own stand that mounts to the bottom of my seat through the factor bolt hole. Used a piece of 6 inch strap and cut it down so I could use the belt loops on my Galco FLETCHER holster to hold it in place. Took me about 3 days to get it cut just right. Now any of my pistols can ride next to my right leg between the seats and not get in the way. I will try n post pictures of it when i make another one for my dad.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #14

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a basic nylon holster (with a built in spare mag pouch) cliped in the interior side of the pocket of my door. I also got some velcro with an adhesive back to stick it to the exterior of the pocket. I intentionally got a holster that was slightly too big for my gun so that i do not draw and come up with the gun still holstered. It is also nice because if I am getting out I can take the entire setup from the door to my waste without the gun ever being visable from the outside

Old 03-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #15

Just a bit of info, in SC it is an automatic felony for carrying a firearm under the seat of your vehicle, ccp or not!

”The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.”
~Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #16

Default Vehicle Mount

I drive an F-350, I took the belt retaining hooks off of a BlackHawk Serpa, used the same holes to attach it under my stearing wheel almost invisible from outside the vehicle.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #17

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

IMO, mounting a handgun in a vehicle is a foolish idea. It is too tempting to run into the local Stop & Rob, "just for a minute" for a slurpee or pack of smokes, and leave the gun in the car or truck.

I know of cases where folks have their gun in the car, somewhere, and jump out after being involved in a wreck. It is not uncommon for folks involved in wrecks to be intoxicated and violent. Where's your gun?

If you want to mount it because carrying is uncomfortable, perhaps you should consider another method of carry.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 06-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #18

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawgfan View Post
I would like to get anyone's opinion on this vehicle holster mount. Has anyone used one of these before? I've checked the laws in GA and it appears legal but would love to hear other opinions. Or other options for carrying in the car.

Gum Creek Customs - Vehicle Handgun Holster Mount, Steering Wheel Handgun Mount
I made one out of kydex and mounted it to the center console of my truck very similar to this one. I use it to stage the weapon wile driving, then re-holster it to carry when exiting my truck. Never thought of under the steering wheel, but I like it.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #19

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
I have a basic nylon holster (with a built in spare mag pouch) cliped in the interior side of the pocket of my door.
That's where I keep my truck gun.
When the door is closed you never see it.
And if I'm not carrying at the time and I decide I need to,
I just grab it and tuck it inside my waistband.