Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Vehicle Holster Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Vehicle Holster Mount

I would like to get anyone's opinion on this vehicle holster mount. Has anyone used one of these before? I've checked the laws in GA and it appears legal but would love to hear other opinions. Or other options for carrying in the car.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Take a moment and stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here and who you are.

I don't have any experience with this holster but I will throw out this

Vehicle seat holster The only one on the market! Please advise us the type of gun you have and holster orientation

I've also seen one where there is a strap around the bottom of the seat and the holster is attached behind your legs on the front of the seat. I personally like this location the best as it is basically hidden from anyone who approaches the vehicle and you have quick access to it. I tried to find it but couldn't find the one I liked. I'll keep looking.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

How and when you can carry in GA is subject to some strange laws. I would highly suggest that you head here and do some homework:

Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news

While you do not need a GFL (Georgia Firearms License, our CWP/CCL/CHL/ETC) to carry loaded in a vehicle, if you are ineligible to get a GFL - you can't. If you intend to hang out here, I also suggest dropping by the introductions area...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #4

Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

heres one that im thinking about, fobus universal home and vehicle holster.

www.sportsmanguide.com

Last edited by rifleman1; 09-23-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #5

I saw an interesting new product called the gunslingR - Accu-Fire Inc. Unique Firearm Tools
that looks easy to install under the front seat. I know in Texas, the firearm must be concealed at all times to be legal, and if it is, you don't even need a concealed carry permit to carry in the vehicle. Thanks Castle Law....

Accu-Fire Inc. Unique Firearm Tools

Old 07-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #6

It looks as though the steering wheel may interfere with the draw. Just make your own:

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a kingston rig(made it myself) in the car. I can have it up between my knees while i drive and slide it under the seat.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #8

Default Rip Off Gimick

Saw the video on you tube you got to be kidding me $34.00 for that cr**p what a rip off a 10 year old could come up with a better invention than that, I can use a velcro strap & a holster & it would be better than that for about $5.00 cost

Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #9

If you like that kind of thing I say go for it. I keep mine in the center console. Probably would be of no use for me but others may benefit from it.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Ergonomically, if one had to reach under the steering column to fetch a handgun, it would line up very well and demand very little adjustment to get a firing grip on the weapon. Beats the hell out of disconnecting your seat-belt and trying to pry a firearm out from between your ass-cheek and the seat.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."