Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Used Colt Defender or New Kimber Ultra Carry II? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/used-colt-defender-new-kimber-ultra-carry-ii-46526/)

Thadeuce 08-09-2011 05:38 PM

Used Colt Defender or New Kimber Ultra Carry II?

I want to get a nice, small .45 to carry. I don't own a 1911 so this would be my first. This will be a carry piece. I'll definitely get some range time but only to become proficient with the weapon. I have seen these at a local shop and really liked both. I've fired neither of these. The Colt I'll fire soon since they allow firing of used weapons but the Kimber I won't be able to fire. I don't know anyone who has a Kimber like this to compare the two. If there is another good alternative, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks in advance for the input.

stevetinman 08-09-2011 05:55 PM

I carry a KImber Ultra II CDP Crimson Trace and a Kimber Ultra Carry II Stainless Raptor. Not at the same time of course. I love them both. They are quite light and feel real nice in my Nick Mathews IWB holster. The Colt is a real nice piece too but I prefer the KImber. The Pistol that you should carry is the one that feels the best to you and the one that you are most comfortable with. No matter what anyone says or recommends it all comes down to what feels best to you.

IGETEVEN 08-09-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetinman (Post 559114)
The Pistol that you should carry is the one that feels the best to you and the one that you are most comfortable with. No matter what anyone says or recommends it all comes down to what feels best to you.

He said it. :cool:

oldcoptn46 08-09-2011 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The weapon I carry 90% of the time is a Kimber Ultra Carry II. Easy to carry, fun to shoot and accurate.

Gripsmeister 08-10-2011 03:58 AM

Uh......how bout a used ultra cdp 2? Stainless for all time carry. Low rust factor? Its a good thought.

canebrake 08-10-2011 04:20 AM

Before you decide, field strip both. You'll buy the Colt.

With the Defender you won't need to carry a bobby-pin around with you! :p

Gripsmeister 08-11-2011 01:21 AM

I can field strip my kimber and back in under a minute....tool free....whats the problem.? Bobby pin? My hair looks fine and i dont need to get it outa my eyes to see what im duin if thats your reference. Lol

Firearms4ever 08-11-2011 01:38 AM

You should choose which ever feels the best to you. Personally I would choose the Kimber Ultra, because I prefer the black finish, but that's just me. I also don't particularly care for the stock grips on the Colt Defender.

Bighead 08-11-2011 05:43 PM

Real question, not sarcasm: How do you field strip a guide rod gun without a tool?

booger-red 12-16-2011 01:26 AM

colt defender good gun for the money accurate more people collecting colts than kimbers id bet