Upgrades for an EDC gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Upgrades for an EDC gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Upgrades for an EDC gun

I am getting a new glock 19 gen 4 for concealed carry and wanted to know what are some upgrades you do, if any, on an EDC gun.

Trigger work, springs, etc.

I am really thinking of adding an enhanced mag well for a faster reload. Maybe overkill but thought it would be something good to add if it is still concealable.

What are some upgrades you do to your EDC?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #2

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

The 19, while technically a compact, is still what most would consider a full framed gun.

For EDC, the largest factor of concealment...unless you can wear a parka all day, is the height of the grip.

For this reason, I would suggest passing on the enhanced mag well and going for the trigger job...God Knows GLOCKS need it.

Tack

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well I'm 6'5" an 375lbs. Concealment might b easier if u know that. Plus a g19 still leaves my pinky off the grip. I also have big hands. Haha.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

+1 on the 1st comment, If its for an edc I wouldn't add anything to a 19 that would bulk up the gun.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I understand that.

I'm 100% for customization and usually dont leave guns stock for too long. I am Wondering what stuff you might do to your own EDC or maybe even another gun for the house.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #6

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBear View Post
Well I'm 6'5" an 375lbs. Concealment might b easier if u know that. Plus a g19 still leaves my pinky off the grip. I also have big hands. Haha.
Oh...well now the name makes sence!

Sure you could conceal and AR pistol w/30 round mag so why not do it all!

Mag well enhancements typically make reloading faster and in your case, and extra 1/2" of grip length should not really matter.

I'm not personally into GLOCKS but I know they are very customizable with tons of aftermarket parts.

Personally, I think less is more and would do the internals first like springs and trigger. I'd then go for cool factor like changing out anything poly I could for metal components such as the mag release button, trigger, Ect...

Have fun and good luck.

Tack

Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #7

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

I love Wolff. Almost always immediately grab a spring pack, extra stiff, for everything I buy.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Oh...well now the name makes sence!

Sure you could conceal and AR pistol w/30 round mag so why not do it all!

Mag well enhancements typically make reloading faster and in your case, and extra 1/2" of grip length should not really matter.

I'm not personally into GLOCKS but I know they are very customizable with tons of aftermarket parts.

Personally, I think less is more and would do the internals first like springs and trigger. I'd then go for cool factor like changing out anything poly I could for metal components such as the mag release button, trigger, Ect...

Have fun and good luck.

Tack
Well don't tempt me on trying to conceal an AR. Not many people would expect that. Matter of fact, I don't think anybody would expect that.

I am thinking about the trigger first but don't know if I want to go light on the trigger since it will be my concealed carry with no safety.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #9

Liked 108 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 219

There are several things that can be upgraded; sights, springs, trigger, grips.

for semi autos polish the feed ramp, add light and/or laser, threaded barrel, muzzle brake, silencer (where legal) scope mount and pistol scope.

there are other accessories for glocks, themed type items, like mag base plate, plate for the back of the slide, etc.

with my revolver i went with custom grips and a new set of reduced power springs, made a world of difference.

Last edited by phildenton; 12-04-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #10

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Just my .02 but I wouldn't alter the trigger if it's your EDC...if you're competing with it then yeah but I wouldn't feel comfortable with a custom trigger on my carry gun...especially one with no manual safety...

You can get mag extensions...which are a great big PITA to install...but should give the pinky a comfy home...

Some great sight options available...

Duracoating and refinishing are always popular upgrades and like stated earlier, GLOCKS are highly customizable...

Good luck and hook us up with some pics when you can!!