Unlimited Holsters - Model 36.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Unlimited Holsters - Model 36.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
pip
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Unlimited Holsters - Model 36.

Hi there,

fairly new to the forum, so please excuse my ignorance.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the company "Unlimited Holsters", recently acquired a holster (Model 36) made by them, but hadn't heard of the company.

The only information that I have found is that they were based in Liverpool, and no longer exist.

Thanks in advance,
Philip Smith-Keary

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #2

Yes, Holsters Unlimited where based in the Liverpool area of the UK but sadly folded quite sometime ago. They mainly manufactured holsters for the police and professionals. When I was a member of the Cheshire Police they where out initial providers of leatherwork in about 1975 'ish, prior to that officers going on an armed operation used their sky rocket!

It coinsided with the issue of our first modern revolvers, S&W M10 and M36 (CID Officers)..... Likely if it's an 'Upside Down' holster it was for police use................ Cheshire is about 12 miles south of Liverpool....

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
pip

Hi Boris,

thanks very much for the reply, quite interesting.

This one isn't an upside down holster, more of the conventional style.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/USHospital002-1.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/petyofficer/USHospital001-1.jpg

All the best,
Philip.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #4

Yes that's one of theirs....they also provided that holster also for the model 10 and 13 for our tactical team , I used one on the visit of your late President Ragan......many years ago........................

Old 02-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #5

I've seen holsters similar to that in the local surplus stor, though I doubt that there exactly like the one pictured.

I may pick one up, just to see....

Old 02-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
pip

Ahh superb, nice to hear.

Perhaps a more naive question, but does the "model 36" refer to the year of model patent i.e. 1936, or something else, armament designed for it etc.

Sorry for all the questions guys.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #7

.38 spl. calibre Smith & Wesson Model 36 'Chief Special' revolver (5 shot 2" barrelled revolver). Still a classic, but as the primary firearm for an armed policeman I think questionable...

Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #8

Re: Holsters Unlimited
Just acquired from UK a holster for the Walther PP cal.22 issued to the Ulster Defence Regiment in the 70's (pistol ID L66A1 ) It is marked Holsters Unlimited.