Two Guys Attack CWP Holder
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Two Guys Attack CWP Holder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default Two Guys Attack CWP Holder

Found this on another forum I go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_m0nkey View Post
I'm carrying this over from ARFCOM. It's a reminder for us CHLs about why we carry.

Dayton's News Source :: Raw News - Caught On Tape: Victim Grabs Gun, Shoots Alleged Robber

Long story short, two guys start beating on a guy at a gas station late at night, he shoots one of the guys in the stomach twice. Whole thing is caught on video, police are on the side of the shooter (Ohio does have castle doctrine which also protects a vehicle).

The victim is posting in the Ohio CHL forums:
Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • View topic - had to shoot someone on friday.

One thing he said I think is worth quoting:

Quote:
the gun was a glock model 36. carrying with one in the chamber probably saved my life because i was holding myself in the car with my left hand as they were trying to pull me out of the car no way i could have racked the slide.
Condition one guys. All day long long.
Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #2

you can rack the slide on a beretta without another hand. I keep my safety on but one in the piper, just in case.

About the story, like i tell my friends why i carry, ya never know when sh**s gonna pop off. Its like a quote that was in my economics professors classroom posted next to the door "failing to prepare is preparing to fail".

Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Good read, Glad the guy is okay.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:30 AM   #4

Now that is "Gun control" I can support!

You may find me dead in a ditch one day, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #5

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

From what I've been able to gather, he left his gun in the car. I would say that was his mistake. They could have attacked him before he got in his car and got his gun. I guess that was the only mistake I would say he made.

I personally always carry chambered. I have no fear that my gun will AD. And there are plenty of situations were you might not be able to rack the slide or have time to do so. There's no way on Earth I could rack the slide on my PM9 without both hands. Something odd though, my brother and my father who are both CWP holders as well, think I'm nuts to carry chambered. Always thought that was strange. I always tell them, I feel the same way about you.

Also I was reading a bit more and found one of the assailants FB pages:

http://tglassburner.com/images/blackburn%20fb%20page.jpg

Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I do not keep one in the chamber of my M&P. I can't explain it, I guess I don't want to be the idiot with a negligent discharge. The other half of the time, there is always a round chambered in my 442

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm glad the BG got his due, that always makes my day Anyway, I'm also one of the dudes that dislikes carrying one in the pipe on my Glock. With my luck I would be the idiot who somehow got a shirt tail or something in the trigger guard in a public place when it went BANG. I do admire those of you with brass balls that carry one chambered in a Glock