Turned in my paperwork - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Turned in my paperwork

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

rjgnwdc there are definitely some crazy rules when it comes to the ccp. I know there are some states that we have reciprocity with that all you have to do is walk in the sheriffs office and fill out an application, no training necessary. A background check later and your out the door with your permit. You would think they would all get on the same page as far as training and qualification is concerned.

”The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.”
~Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I offer this to all members looking to get their CCW:

Read this before you decide to carry!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default Turned in my paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
I live in Virginia and here a person can get their CHP on-line for about $40 to take the course and then $50 to the state for the actual permit, so yesterday I took the course it consist of watching a 65 minute streaming video and then a 20 question test based on what you just watched on the video. You do have to score at least 75% which means you have to answer 15 of the 20 question correctly, I scored 100%. After you complete the test successfully you are prompted to print out the certificate, then you fill out an application for a "Concealed Handgun Permit" which is on the Virginia state police website (a link is provided) on the test site. You then take the certificate, application and a stamped self - addressed envelope to the Circuit Court in your county and file it with a clerk, that's when you pay the 50 bucks and by state law they are required to either send your permit within 45 days or deny it if you don't receive something from them in the 45 days you can either write them or go to their office and get a temporary 90 day permit until you receive the official 5 year permit unless your application has been denied for some reason. I don’t know if I’ll conceal carry all that much but when I want to I’ll have my permit. Also in Virginia there is a law that says you can only buy 1 firearm a month (31 days) with the CHP you can buy guns every day if you want to so that’s pretty cool. I have a maximum 44 days till I get my permit.
Just wanted to follow up on the CHP application I turned in 03/09 I got it today 03/29 20 days is not bad at all

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 03-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #14

Default Congratulations

rjgnwdc: Sir, Congratulations. Your new life begins

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!