Trying To Get My GA CCW... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Trying To Get My GA CCW...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore912
The State of Georgia's 600,000+ GWCL holders and any other "Shall Issue" state with no mandated training requirement disagrees with your common sense.

John Lott argues that training requirements and high permit fees have a negative effect on public safety.
Jesus Christ.
__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CJohn364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Benning, Georgia
Posts: 147
Liked 27 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
Then why didn't you follow your belief, and take a training class before going to the Probate Court and applying for your Georgia Weapons Carry license?

I ask this question, because you have given no indication that you indeed took a training class.
My apolgies on that. This is because I've had training with handguns in the Military. I have qualified with the M-9 Beretta at least three times. I've never taken a civilian class, though.
__________________
CJohn364 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
treehugger49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Newnan,Georgia
Posts: 421
Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
Jesus Christ.
....and your point is???
__________________

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

treehugger49 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 630
Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022

Jesus Christ.
Yes my son?
__________________
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. My rod is a GLOCK and it comforts me
danolator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

....and your point is???
I'd sure hate for your right to carry a gun infringes on anyone else's safety. That class is one reason why other states don't recognize Ga's permit. Doesn't really matter, the class is coming rather you like it or not.
__________________

Last edited by Byron0022; 11-12-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tmoore912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 61
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I'd say Georgia is doing pretty well with reciprocity.

Quote:
Georgia currently reciprocates in recognizing firearms licenses with the following states:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
http://georgiapacking.org/gflr.php
__________________

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent
GCO.org
SAF

tmoore912 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore912
I'd say Georgia is doing pretty well with reciprocity.

http://georgiapacking.org/gflr.php
West Virginia, one of the most backwards states in the country doesn't recognize it and it didn't ask for your opinion on how well Ga is doing.
__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
treehugger49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Newnan,Georgia
Posts: 421
Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
West Virginia, one of the most backwards states in the country doesn't recognize it and it didn't ask for your opinion on how well Ga is doing.
I'd say Byron needs a little more attention to the facts and a little less caffeine.
__________________

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

treehugger49 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

I'd say Byron needs a little more attention to the facts and a little less caffeine.
Your "facts" are mostly opinions pal. Never had I ever heard anyone say that less training is safer.
__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CJohn364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Benning, Georgia
Posts: 147
Liked 27 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

Alrighty folks. Didnt mean this thread to be a "my state is better than yours" thread.

On a good note, I got the call tonight that my GA CCW has arrived and I will be picking it up tomorrow. LOL

__________________
CJohn364 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes