Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > True story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 1759

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
Let me see if I understand, if I where to say: To carry a revolver with an exposed hammer deep in my pants pocket is the best and fastest draw method available" it would be a bidened statement. Correct?
Well, rickster, the most basic of "Bidened" statements involves

talking about wives using shotguns for HD, without showing

a video of his own wife doing it, as an example.

I could claim my 2 year old grandchild could accurately

shoot a 50 Caliber rifle, wouldn't you want to see it for

yourself?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixfix View Post
This story exemplifies the need for multiple self defense options. Carrying less lethal and non lethal tools is important and training in basic self defense (hand to hand) should be mandatory for any concealed carry license holder. Killing someone who means to whoop your butt is neither appropriate, justified, or legal (in most jurisdictions).
Did the perp tell you he was just going to whip up on you??
How does one know? By the looks in their eyes, color of shirt, shoes??

Please advise!!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #43

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

My coworkers were discussing vacations and travel destinations today. They all know I don't believe there's any value in such so I don't, but obviously wanted to include me in the conversation, so one turned and asked of me, "Where would you go, you know, just to go."

I replied, "The sh!tter... Duh!"

True Story!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #44

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenc View Post

Did the perp tell you he was just going to whip up on you??
How does one know? By the looks in their eyes, color of shirt, shoes??

Please advise!!
You never KNOW ahead of time, it's a matter of instinct and probability. Much can be gleaned from body language and when combined with verbalized threats it can be considered reasonable for one to assume intent. That doesn't mean it always is reasonable, nor does it mean it will seen so by others removed from the situation after the fact, but that's what a jury of so called "peers" is for, I guess.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 05-05-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:35 AM   #45

Liked 4450 Times on 2348 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I pocket carry everyday all day. If i got my pants on there is a ruger lcp in a pocket holster. I may also have a owb 1911, 92fs, or xdm on my belt under my shirt but the lcp is always always always in the pocket.

I do practice drawing it and slipping fingers into the pocket nonchallant like. Odds are the goblin isnt going to just start shooting right off. Nor are you likely to be in a quickdraw situation ala holliwood old west in the street at high noon.

Some guns dont lend well to pocket carry. No revolver ive ever seen or handle is particularly good to be carrying in a pocket.

The whole reason i bought an lcp was to be able to never violate rule one of self defense: have a gun.

My reasoning is have a gun on you however you got to carry it ideal or not. The lcp lends itself exteremely well to the less than ideal method of pocket carry

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I used to pocket carry. At the time my job involved getting into and out of a large numbers of customer vehicles a day. When the day came that a customer came back to return a pistol he had found in his car, I started using holsters the next day and have never had the issue again.

As to the original meaning of this thread, this is why many buy hammer less or bob their hammers. Nothing worse than having a feeling of safety that is stuck only inches away.

And as to those who think the victim here was preemptive on drawing, the old saying "I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6." Fortunately for those of us in the south, our state governments realize that the judgement in the moment is ours. GA even has a law that refuses to allow lawsuits against those who use firearms defensively.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr