The Traveler's Gun and Knife Law Book
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > The Traveler's Gun and Knife Law Book

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default The Traveler's Gun and Knife Law Book

Ordered this book last night...

Traveler's Gun and Knife Law Book

Has anyone read it? Anyone have better suggested reading?
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I haven't read it, or even heard of it. It seems worthwhile if it will keep you out of trouble.

It's a damn sad thing that we would even need a book like that. It's just common sense to protect yourself. A hundred years ago, a book like that wouldn't have been necessary.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I'm not so worried about the self defense laws as I am things like 'can I go in a restaurant that serves beer and wine', am I required to tell a LEO that I have a CCW if I get pulled over, etc.

Still it is a shame. The gun laws should read...

"Carry whatever the heck you want, wherever you want, and defend yourself and others around you as necessary. Anyone hurt or killed while committing a crime (and said person's family) looses all rights to press criminal or civil charges against persons responsible for the injury or death."
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #4

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

It's a new book but I respect Alan Korwin (Bloomfield Press) and can only assume he has examined this new offering and deems it worthy.

I have purchased several books from him and get his newsletter, all being a good resource, IMHO.

If knife concerns are not on your list he offers a less expensive publication, The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States that I have and can recommend.

Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States

Another excellent read is the AFTER YOU SHOOT: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now what? a worthy purchase.

After You Shoot by Alan Korwin

Raises a great suggestion, The Adnarim Statement.

Adnarim; spell it backwards.....or "reverse" it

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
It's a new book but I respect Alan Korwin (Bloomfield Press) and can only assume he has examined this new offering and deems it worthy.

I have purchased several books from him and get his newsletter, all being a good resource, IMHO.

If knife concerns are not on your list he offers a less expensive publication, The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States that I have and can recommend.

Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States

Another excellent read is the AFTER YOU SHOOT: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now what? a worthy purchase.

After You Shoot by Alan Korwin

Raises a great suggestion, The Adnarim Statement.

Adnarim; spell it backwards.....or "reverse" it
Thanks Cane! I had Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States in my cart, but I got the impression (from the descriptions on the website) that the one I ordered was more detailed for some reason.

I also saw the After You Shoot. If you're recommending it, it'll be on my next order.

Thanks again!
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #6

All books have the problem of the delay between writing/printing and being read. The laws are changing rapidly in some areas thanks to work by the grassroots groups and the NRA. You best bet is the check out the website

Handgunlaw.us

This site is constantly being updated with the latest laws and legal decisions. It also has a logical breakdown of our common questions like "can I go in the restuarant or bar?" and "Do I need to tell a law enforcement officer if pulled over?" or "My carry permit isn't valid in this state, can I put a loaded gun in the glove box?"

They also have a link to a similar website that addresses knives.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Looks like a good book. I suppose if I traveled more, I'd get it. I just read up on the five states I'd likely to visit.

I assume the MA chapter is either very long explaining everything, or two words, "Don't bother."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnealg View Post
All books have the problem of the delay between writing/printing and being read. The laws are changing rapidly in some areas thanks to work by the grassroots groups and the NRA. You best bet is the check out the website

Handgunlaw.us

This site is constantly being updated with the latest laws and legal decisions. It also has a logical breakdown of our common questions like "can I go in the restuarant or bar?" and "Do I need to tell a law enforcement officer if pulled over?" or "My carry permit isn't valid in this state, can I put a loaded gun in the glove box?"

They also have a link to a similar website that addresses knives.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I get home. I'd much prefer an online resorce for the same reason you mentioned, but haven't been able to find anything as detailed as I would like.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!