Transporting hand guns in New York state

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Transporting hand guns in New York state

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Transporting hand guns in New York state

With the recent Supreme Court decision regarding the Chicago gun ban now in effect has there been any change in the NY law prohibiting non residents possessing handguns in NY state?

It is my understanding that only residents can possess handguns and only with a permit. No reciprocity exists with other states CCW permits.

I don't expect to carry my gun in NY but would like to have it close by in the trunk. Is this now legal?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Handgun laws vary by county in my homestate of NY, but if I recall my last reading, you can tansport a handgun only if it has been ground to powder and cast into the hood of your vehicle.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
With the recent Supreme Court decision regarding the Chicago gun ban now in effect has there been any change in the NY law prohibiting non residents possessing handguns in NY state?
hasnt been any real changes. democans and republocrats intend to continue ignoring the constitution as they have for the last 45 years.