Top Ten Carry guns - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Top Ten Carry guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I agree, however when I can't carry a .40 SW, my 380's keep me armed 100% of the time.

SIG P229. P239
Glock 26. HK P2000SK
XDM 40, Bersa 45 UC
KelTec PF-9, Ruger LCP
KAHR P380, MK-40

Old 02-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #92

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1960 View Post
I agree, however when I can't carry a .40 SW, my 380's keep me armed 100% of the time.
Are you aware this thread was from 2009?

I do love your gun line-up. Esp the Sig 229 and 239 and WELCOME!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #93
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
My current CCW is a Stoeger Cougar in 40 S&W it has a 3.6" barrel. It's a great weapon but rather heavy, my wish list for a compact carry would be a Kahr PM40, very conceilable. I have a Bersa model 83 .380, pre Thunder but has a steel frame, it's kind of fat due to walnut grips which makes it about as easy to hide as the Cougar. Compactness always puts a balance of less rounds in the magazine against the high cap mags of a harder to conceil weapon like the Cougar. A lot depends on what kind of clothing you wear, the seasons and if you are like me, too skinny to hide much of anything. For now I use a waist pouch that has a grab tab for quick unzip. The Kahr would be a great inside the waist band hider due to it's flatness.

Here is my top 10 in no particular order:
1) 38 special revolver
2) Ruger LCP
3) Glock 19
4) Beretta 96FS
5) Ruger P345
6) Remington 1911 R1
7) Kimber Solo
8) I listed these because they are all I own. Ha!!!!!
9) Happy collecting

Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #94

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Wow!

There are some really interesting posts in here. In relation to the OP I must say that a top ten list in useless here. You need to get a good idea of quality guns to check out and then go look at them. You need to see how comfortable they are to you to carry. Everybody is different. The gun is pretty useless if you're leaving it at home.

Personally I currently carry a Kel Tec P3AT. I love it because it's with me everywhere I go and nobody has a clue I have it on me. I love how many people here are saying that the .380 is useless. It would be the smallest caliber I would carry. However, my intention is NOT to kill someone. My intention is to stop them and if they die in the process.... well, that's their problem. Right now, at 12 yards I can hit someone anywhere I want with my Kel Tec. I saw some people that argue, "what about beyond that?" All I can tell you is that when you get sued, and you will be sued, you would have a hard time explaining why you're shooting at someone at much a further distance than that to a judge.

This is unless you're lucky enough to live in Texas.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #95

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Beretta Bobcat .22LR --top pocket guns IMO

I like and have faith in this little pocket pistol for CWL. Like all my guns I use for personal protection, I shoot a minimum of 500rds through it and it has to be able to clear a magazine and 1 in the tube reliably. If it FTF, well, I keep shooting and working with it until it meets my confidence. I know of too many folks who buy new, go shoot a box @ most, part of a second one, and then call the firearm reliable. Not me, no way. This is particularly true with semi-auto's of FTF, why not buy the one you want and shoot the heck out of it, the more it's shot, the better it'll work, perform your maintenance. That's one of the top ten. My second favorite is the .380LCP Ruger. There's not anything I can write you haven't read already, . The 3rd is reliable derringers, @ least .22mag, prefer a .38spl. Maybe someone else can come up with the next 7 or so suggested pocket guns for concealed weapons license, best of luck.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #96

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I only need one, pistol gripped semi auto drum fed 12 guauge

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #97

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackg View Post
Currently carry a Walther PPK/S .380 and really like it but I'm wondering what you guys would recommend as the Top 10 list. Suggestions?
I also have a Walther PPK/S. Mine is the uber purdy machine engraved edition. The trigger pull from DA is atrocious. Other than that, it is a great peice with lots of history!
My #1: Walther PPS. Superb. My safe nearly filled up before I got it though

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #98

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default top ten concealed

A pistol grip drum fed semi-auto 12guage. Good choice for lots of uses but, not normally considered to be a "concealed" firearm. Although, it is concealable, right, .

Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #99

To start with you need a gun that you will carry.

Florida carry - Pocket Gun

1. Seecamp 32

2. S & W 642

3. Colt Pony

If you carried in a briefcase

4. Sig 226

5. Kimber Ultra 9mm

6. Browning HP

7. Makarov

Your main concern is safety = Double Action pistols. And dependability. I personally care less about exotic ammo, or other things. I use Federal ball nose.

Go to the range and familiarize yourself to your gun. You need to check your ammo, your clips, and the pistol.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #100

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

It is a simple choice for me in everyday life.

1. Glock 23 RTF on my person.

2. Glock 22 RTF and a spare mag in the car.

When I dress up I wear my Kimber Tactical Pro II, with 2 spare mags.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.