Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarsun View Post
Quote:
Actually in Texas you can use 22lr
New Mexico is the same way you use whatever your gonna carry to get your permit if you use a .45 semi auto then you can use anything equal to that or a lesser caliber in semi auto you want to Carry a revolver you have to shoot a revolver same for derringers you can use what you qual with and anything under actually I like the idea of it seems more practical but I am getting mine from AZ no residency required and I don't have to take any courses if I send a certified copy of my dd214 so yes AZ I like you.... FL does the same thing so basically for the cost of the permits you can get a CCW in almost every state except I believe two if I'm not mistaken CA of course and DC... Not positive there though...
Wrong last i heard --
From TXDPS-
Quote:
"An applicant must be able to
demonstrate, at a minimum, the degree of proficiency that is required to
effectively operate a handgun of .32 caliber or above."

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

To add, from personal experience of family...

My step brother's wife recently got a concealed carry permit. She was informed by her husband (my step brother, the cop in Denison), and by her instructor, that she had to carry .32 or larger, and had to qualify with a .32 or larger. She was very disappointed because she intended to carry a .22 (why? I never got a good answer, but it seems she's just afraid of recoil).

I found out about this because she contacted me to recommend a gun to her to test drive.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Wrong last i heard --
From TXDPS-
That's correct. You CANNOT use a .22lr in Texas. Also, there are separate qualifications for revolvers and semi-autos. You can qualify with a semi-automatic and carry both SA or a revolver, but you cannot qualify with a revolver and carry an SA. It is the same test, obviously, but what you use determines what you carry.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #14

Liked 220 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 41

In MIssouri you have to qualify with both revolver and semi-auto. And Illinois is the other state which has no CCW .....at least not yet. They HAVE to present a law regarding CCW this June...by order of the Supreme Court.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #15

Liked 86 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 203

New york, oregon, Hawaii, and new Jersey are other states youd have difficulty getting carry permit. Oregon doesnt recognize other states permits, and will only issue non resident permits to individuals who are a resident of a state that shares a border with Oregon, plus the standard legal requirements.