Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 264 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Tomorrow

Tomorrow's the day I take my CCW class. Since I can't find any ammo, any reloading supplies I will have to use my .22's to take the test. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, in the 70's. I've packed my range bag and I'm ready to go. I called him today to verify time and location and he told me it would just be me and an "older couple". Since he doesn't know how old I am I told him then he would have 3 old folks to deal with. Missouri is /was pretty quick in processing the license, at least it was a few years ago. I expect to see it in no longer than two weeks. Now if I can just find that Bersa Thunder...........oh well.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #2

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

No handgun ammo? Maybe you should reconsider? Take a martial arts class.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #3

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Fl . used to be 30 days now you're lucky to see it in 3 months.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #4

Liked 343 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Using a .22 shouldn't be an issue. I used the .22 conversion unit in my 1911 when I took the class. The current shortage wasn't in effect, I used the .22 for economic reasons.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 264 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Missouri has a 45 day "must" issue or deny. My bro in law got his in about 3 days....we'll see. Passed the course, of course....was there any doubt? Bought a brick of 22lr for 50 from the trainer....no tax, no shipping....not the highest price out there.....but I'll bite the "bullet" for now.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
Tomorrow's the day I take my CCW class. Since I can't find any ammo, any reloading supplies I will have to use my .22's to take the test. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, in the 70's. I've packed my range bag and I'm ready to go. I called him today to verify time and location and he told me it would just be me and an "older couple". Since he doesn't know how old I am I told him then he would have 3 old folks to deal with. Missouri is /was pretty quick in processing the license, at least it was a few years ago. I expect to see it in no longer than two weeks. Now if I can just find that Bersa Thunder...........oh well.
Hey man check out gun auction.com
They have several bersa's available and I strongly encourage them I love mine and can't wait to find an appropriate holster for ccw in New Mexico

Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #7

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Around here I can find any cartidge except .22lr it seems. crazy world out there. I would say good luck at the class but you won't need it.

Tell your lgs to get off there butts and call a wholsaler for a bersa. Lipsey's is one of the few that allow consumers to check stock and they are loaded with bersa's.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Bersa

Old 04-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In Texas you can't use a .22 for a CHL certification. What state are you in?

Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #9

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfroniewski View Post
In Texas you can't use a .22 for a CHL certification. What state are you in?
That sounds ridiculous. Like some insight as to why, because I can come up with absolutely nothing. Other than, "Texas!" With lots of side to side head shaking.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

That sounds ridiculous. Like some insight as to why, because I can come up with absolutely nothing. Other than, "Texas!" With lots of side to side head shaking.
Actually in Texas you can use 22lr New Mexico is the same way you use whatever your gonna carry to get your permit if you use a .45 semi auto then you can use anything equal to that or a lesser caliber in semi auto you want to Carry a revolver you have to shoot a revolver same for derringers you can use what you qual with and anything under actually I like the idea of it seems more practical but I am getting mine from AZ no residency required and I don't have to take any courses if I send a certified copy of my dd214 so yes AZ I like you.... FL does the same thing so basically for the cost of the permits you can get a CCW in almost every state except I believe two if I'm not mistaken CA of course and DC... Not positive there though...