today i did not carry - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > today i did not carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
This is probably what I would have done. However, with your pregnant gf in the car I agree that you did the right thing. It's insane to me that all of this uproar about guns is going on when an idiot like that guy could just as easily kill someone with his car. Glad you and your gf are safe.
Thankyou, she seen it as me not standing up for her. But i knew i had to get her out of there and keep this bg away. If i had been by myself it would have been diffrent. Everyday i look back on this day it upsets me cause i would have been helpless.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We had a similar situation once where a crazy guy started to try and run Fathead off the road and was screaming, swearing, etc. then he starts to follow us home so we didn't turn on our street because I didn't want the crazy ba$tard knowing where we lived so he stops next to us at a stop sign and starts screaming "What are you gonna do mother fer!!" I just wish I could have held my gun up and said I'm going to shoot you're dumba$$ as my gun was in my hand at this point. People are wreckless and stupid. Was he expecting us to pull over for a fight? I'm not a damn teenager. I'm a grown woman. Ridiculous. What are the brandishing laws anyways should the situation gotten crazier? I've heard so many different things.

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 01-08-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #63

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I've been in your shoes multiple times, since I drive a truck and I come across 10 idiots like him everyday. If he was employee of the resturant I would've went and had a talk with his manager after he cursed me and used racial slurs.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Brandishing laws generally mean don't draw your gun unless you are going to shoot. Don't shoot for any reason other than to save your life or the life of someone you are responsible to protect. If you get into a situation that is that bad, let the perp see and hear you call 911. Then if it really gets bad, you have a cop as a witness.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 01-09-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #65

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Alot of those people who opted to show some compassion and only blast a criminal in say the knee are getting sued by the afore mentioned scumbags for damages and lost wages...emotional bereavement...however if you shoot the bastard between the eyes they don't tend to sue ...being dead and all.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #66
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8115 Times on 4181 Posts
Likes Given: 9326

Its not the toolbox you want, its the one youve got that matters! Just like Macgyver, there is a way if there is the will to survive. Using your Gas pedal as the tool to break contact and protect you Girl and yourself was the right move. Pulling out a pistol would only mean you had one hand busy at the moment 2 would be best holding the wheel for an E&E Move (escape and evade).

I think actually whether you were packing or not, your reactions were correct (Mostly!). Rage filled people are dangerous, especially when they are wielding a 3000lb Vehicle as a weapon!

Because the indignant, stupid, arrogant POS wont follow simple rules of the road, I would suspect they might not follow any laws and they are about as dangerous as one can get! As someone else wrote, "live to fight another day" is more important than being correct! If you had pulled out your PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), he may have pulled a damn Auto-Machine Gun out or ran you right off the road with his Auto-Mobile.

I think CCW if you have the permit is a great idea to do it regularly if not always. Truth is that actual situations that truly requires a pull and pray solution are so very few and far between if not nonexistent in most peoples lives that do carry that Im pretty sure all you will have is a a little extra weight to carry unless you live in a shooting gallery. If you do live in an area that people regularly shoot at each other, this would be a great time to move elsewhere, for the sake of your Bambino!

In the end, It seems like NYC Mayor Micheal Doomburg was right, again. Hamburgers and big soft drinks are dangerous. Next seek and find a Chick Fil-A and a sweet tea!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #67

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

OP it sounds to me like you did the right thing on a legal standpoint. A can o worms could have been opened up possibly depending on the laws in your state. But I can understand a couple different scenarios being played out all the same.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Sooooooooooooooooooo, update on free whataburger for life? What did the cops end up with?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #69

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Sooooooooooooooooooo, update on free whataburger for life? What did the cops end up with?
Lmao they did nothing

Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Lmao they did nothing
Probably get free coffee there. BOOOO!