today i did not carry - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

today i did not carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRawTalent
Whataburger?? Lol you must be in Texas since that's the only place that has it
Actually, Oklahoma has Whataburgers too, and have for as long as I can remember!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I disagree, I believe there was great threat of death or bodily harm to both occupants of the vehicle however I do agree in the sense that in this situation it may be hard to prove justifiable reason to use the ccw, unless the perp's actions were witnessed by people who could testify to the dangerous predicament you were put in, a liberal jury may hang you for shooting him.
I can see your point, and almost agree with what you are saying. The reason I say almost is based on the way our local law enforcement community would view it. The actions of the bad guy were wrong, probably at the felony level, but according to the OP

Quote:
We pulled out and he followed us on to the highway behind us. He acted as uf he was going to ram us. Coming with in inches of actually hitting us. We actually had to speed up to prevent it.
Neither one of us was there, but either one of us could reflect the attitude of potential jury members. That's why I posted the answer I did. You can't be tried for doing nothing, and at that threat level nothing seemed like the thing to do.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
The thought of going back there and waiting for the prick to get off work and walk up to him and B1TCH Slap him comes to mind.
Or come back, slash all his tires, then put a bullet in his radiator and windshield. Message sent. Then discreetly disappear before a ticket-writing officer throws himself into the scenario.
blucoondawg Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #54

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post

Or come back, slash all his tires, then put a bullet in his radiator and windshield. Message sent. Then discreetly disappear before a ticket-writing officer throws himself into the scenario.
I cant say i thought of doing exactly this

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #55

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Warning/Wounding shots: Bad idea with a capital I. If you are justified in using deadly force you are facing a deadly threat. Why would you warn a deadly threat- they have more time to attack you; warning shot could hit an innocent, jury could say if you were in fear of your life why didn't you shoot them. Wounding shots- the goal isn't to wound, it's to make the BG stop; much harder to shoot a leg vs. center mass, jury hangs you on some bs(same as above); civil lawsuits, BG might have friends and while you are dealing with them he rejoins the attack. Any LEO I've ever had contact with in training advises against both.
People Like This 
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #56

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

i have to agree with this assessment. your only position should ever be is to neutralize the threat, period. nothing more, nothing less. never, ever shoot to warn, wound or kill, simply to stop the threat. and when asked if you ever discharge your firearm, i was in fear of my life, period.

i will also make another suggestion. read the stickey that Canebrake wrote on this subject, "What You Should Know Before Carrying" excellent outline of whatyou should and shouldn't do. lots of information and common sense in that article he wrote. IIRC, it's at the beginning of this section of the forum.
Very sound advice. Chl instructor said never shoot to kill shoot to stop. But then we watched videos of people going over board and fear i would be labeled as these victims turned criminals. I fear with everything going on even in sd it would be looked to as a massacre.

Very sound advice, i understand a little more and will remain open minded to wise words. Thanks
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #57

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
You did a fine thing. I would've driven back into the burger lot, if he followed I'd take pic of his car and plate and take into his place of work and call the cops. I'd make sure his boss and the cops knew and had record of his actions. But you did just fine.
This is probably what I would have done. However, with your pregnant gf in the car I agree that you did the right thing. It's insane to me that all of this uproar about guns is going on when an idiot like that guy could just as easily kill someone with his car. Glad you and your gf are safe.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
glad your ok...on another note ive never had whataburger was it good at least.
It's not exactly "Whataburger", it's "What? a burger?"

Old 01-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #59

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU

It's not exactly "Whataburger", it's "What? a burger?"
All I know is they have the best strawberry shakes.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #60

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Today you did not carry! Knock on the window, give me your money, now i beat you, beat momma take your car( here endith the lesson in my best sean connery voice)