today i did not carry - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > today i did not carry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,630
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Sounds to me that shooting this @ hole would have been a mistake. He cursed at you and drove crazy behind you. Never actually making any physical or vehicle contact. Don't get me wrong sig, this guy needs twisted up,, but you have to be very careful to tell the differents in being very scared/pissed and mortal danger. Jmo
as for shooting a attacker in the leg etc. I wouldn't advise doing that, but if its come to the point where I've drawn my weapon, its multiple shots center mass,, STOP the threat don't give an attacker a chance to run up and stab you or take a shot at you. Maiming a attacker leaves you open to heaps of legal trouble.
To me, it sounds sounds like you done what you should have done.
No i wouldnt have shot him the only thing i was getting at is that if this guy did come at me i would have been unarmed. There was a light before the highway and he pulled up right next to us and was running is mouth how he was going to get us.
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,630
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Update? Have you got a coupon for free whataburgers for life yet? Did the police seem interested? Does your lady seem more interested in getting a carry permit herself?
She cant get one, she had a little bit of a troubled past. I will find out soon. I called whataburger amd they,said he will ve terminated and she told me this guy said we almos hit him. Which is rather funny since we were stationary
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

We had a similar incident on the news in a local town 50 miles from me a couple months back, a couple kooks on the interstate got pi$$ed at a guy who supposedly cut them off on the freeway, they followed him into town in a road rag scenario, the offenders were a man and woman, I can't remember the whole story but somehow the all got stopped I thought in a Menards parking lot and began to beat the victim, who happened to be a cc holder, he held the 2 a$$wipe$ at bay with his pistola til the law got there. The cop said this was the first incident in the area of a cc permittee defending them self and assisting with an arrest in this area.

__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,027
Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Default

Sig

I had a similar situation my first year of CCW. Wife and 2 kids in the car in I5 when some Joe Dirt mullet sporting ass clown starts tailgating, pulling along side and swerving lime he was going to hit us. Ect...

No safe shoulder to stop on and also well before any of us commoners carried cell phones.

I did however have a 5" 1911 which held up for him to see through the drivers side window...and I GRINNED... at him.

His eyes opened WIDER than Nancy Pelosi's at a Gun Show...

...and he found that vertical peddal to the right...never to be seen again.

I considered reporting it after reaching my destination an hour latter but the guy never dropped back after seeing my gun so I knew he did not have my plate # and I certainly did not get his so I let it go.

The upside was that a wife skittish about having handguns and young children suddenly saw the light...

Regarding legal action, if you can proove the punk works at the resturaunt you were leaving, I'd damn sure retain a lawyer to scare the snot out of the owners and get the punk fired...but I don't see any money in it for you. Gotta have actual damages for that which is hard to proove unless the little woman went into early labor.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I posted here because i almost want to take legal action so this story gets out to show cc can be effective if done right. This guy would have done his damage and have been gone before the cops ever knew about it.

Also the ifs;
If i did have my pistol and if it did go bad what do i aim at. If i hit and kill him so dick DA could have me locked up for defending myself. But if i did shoot him in a limb; knee, leg, foot etc, what if i missed or it penetrated and hit someone else.

I think one should be allowed to defend themselves by any means without repercussions. I have a pregnant gf to defend but i also have a child to raise
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
blucoondawg Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

[wonders if "free whataburger for life" coupons would come with tums...]

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sig

I had a similar situation my first year of CCW. Wife and 2 kids in the car in I5 when some Joe Dirt mullet sporting ass clown starts tailgating, pulling along side and swerving lime he was going to hit us. Ect...

No safe shoulder to stop on and also well before any of us commoners carried cell phones.

I did however have a 5" 1911 which held up for him to see through the drivers side window...and I GRINNED... at him.

His eyes opened WIDER than Nancy Pelosi's at a Gun Show...

...and he found that vertical peddal to the right...never to be seen again.

I considered reporting it after reaching my destination an hour latter but the guy never dropped back after seeing my gun so I knew he did not have my plate # and I certainly did not get his so I let it go.

The upside was that a wife skittish about having handguns and young children suddenly saw the light...

Regarding legal action, if you can proove the punk works at the resturaunt you were leaving, I'd damn sure retain a lawyer to scare the snot out of the owners and get the punk fired...but I don't see any money in it for you. Gotta have actual damages for that which is hard to proove unless the little woman went into early labor.

Tack
This is a wonderful story, I would sure like to see the look in that piece of $hit'$ eye when he seen that big hunk of steel, LOL.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bear304inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,027
Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig
No i wouldnt have shot him the only thing i was getting at is that if this guy did come at me i would have been unarmed. There was a light before the highway and he pulled up right next to us and was running is mouth how he was going to get us.
Sounds like you handled yourself just fine, and im sure you'd rather had your gun on you.(as would I) I'm just cautioning as to what my mortal danger may not be the jurys definition of mortal danger. One rule of thumb I use is probability and Ability, dude trying to fistfight you may not qualify to every random group of 12. I'm a big dude so if some punk wants to fight I have to use rational deduction to determine if this dude has the apparent ability to cause death. Sometimes you just get your ass kicked. Sometimes you kick ass,, No one dies. (Assuming their not handicap or elder)
Also im alil suprised no one else have given their opinion on warning/ wounding shots.
__________________
Bear304inc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,027
Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
This is a wonderful story, I would sure like to see the look in that piece of $hit'$ eye when he seen that big hunk of steel, LOL.
Adjusted to 1996 prices but...

Olds Cutlas Cierra...$12,300.00
Colt 1991 A1..........$419.00

Seeing Joe Dirt Road Rage Agressor shat his pants...PRICELESS

For some things there's 911...for Everything else there's 1911

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Today i did not carry and almost paid the ultimate price.

It was a day full of errands and lots of running around. My 8 month pregnant gielfriend and i decided to have lunch at a whataburger. As we were leaving an employee came baraling around the corner and almost hit us, in the car. So naturally we honked. He honks back and starts to yell and curse at us. He then yelled racial slurs and threaten to "get my girl". We pulled out and he followed us on to the highway behind us. He acted as uf he was going to ram us. Coming with in inches of actually hitting us. We actually had to speed up to prevent it. I bit shook up i know now i will carry all the time. And now my gf feels it is necessary.

What would yall have done in my shoes?
That's a tough one. There wasn't any immediate threat of death or great bodily harm to you, but your passenger was a pregnant female. Personally, I think you did the right thing, even if the choice was out of your control. You may have been very lucky you left your firearm at home.

The bad part is that things could have been much worse, and you left your firearm at home.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
That's a tough one. There wasn't any immediate threat of death or great bodily harm to you, but your passenger was a pregnant female. Personally, I think you did the right thing, even if the choice was out of your control. You may have been very lucky you left your firearm at home
I disagree, I believe there was great threat of death or bodily harm to both occupants of the vehicle however I do agree in the sense that in this situation it may be hard to prove justifiable reason to use the ccw, unless the perp's actions were witnessed by people who could testify to the dangerous predicament you were put in, a liberal jury may hang you for shooting him.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Applied for my Oregon Concealed Carry Permit today CA357 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 10 12-18-2012 04:26 AM
Retailers that carry concealed carry clothing? paulbrower Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 10 10-25-2012 10:36 PM
Concealed carry = Bad / Discreet Carry = Good -- Semantics canebrake Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 27 07-04-2011 05:53 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM
Georgia Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Takes Effect Today, July 1! tracker Legal and Activism 1 07-02-2008 05:19 AM