today i did not carry - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > today i did not carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Ultimate, just curious, where do you live? State at least.

As far as what I would have done... in YOUR shoes; I can't imagine. I'm not there.

Me , I'm an 60 year old geezer ... my SOP is way different. And as someone else mentioned about edged weapons, I carry a Bowie knife and 2 dogs (who are really just sweetie-pies).. I've been thinking about carrying my crossbow. I also have a tomahawk.

I'm not looking to escalate, but defuse. If someone won't be intimidated by my "No, You first" attitude, well, I carry a small sledge too. And around here, the cops take road-rage real seriously.

Colorado , btw.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #32

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
. . . . .What would yall have done in my shoes?
Gotten the plate number? I think I'm going to spring for a phone with a camera.

(I'm wondering if that guy had just been fired.)

Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #33

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sounds to me that shooting this @ hole would have been a mistake. He cursed at you and drove crazy behind you. Never actually making any physical or vehicle contact. Don't get me wrong sig, this guy needs twisted up,, but you have to be very careful to tell the differents in being very scared/pissed and mortal danger. Jmo
as for shooting a attacker in the leg etc. I wouldn't advise doing that, but if its come to the point where I've drawn my weapon, its multiple shots center mass,, STOP the threat don't give an attacker a chance to run up and stab you or take a shot at you. Maiming a attacker leaves you open to heaps of legal trouble.
To me, it sounds sounds like you done what you should have done.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #34

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Oh and they got a few scattered around Oklahoma.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #35

Liked 2015 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 1346

I would have driven to a police station or a heavily populated area. I would have done that if I had been armed as well. I have had someone chase me while I was packing. It was comforting to know I had it. But I still didnt want to shoot someone if I didnt have to. I live kind of in the country. So I just kept driving around until they stopped following me. I passed right by my street. But I didnt want them to know were I lived.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #36

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I know its easy to say in hindsight.....with adrenaline pumping and fight or flight response flashing in your brain.....but I would have called the cops ASAP and filed a report. DEF mentioning what happened and where he worked.

Leave the gun out of the equation for now. In fact that could have been used AGAINST you. He could have twisted it around and said you pointed a gun at him & given a description of the gun....now making YOU the bad guy. This is a matter of the law and punishing this man for acting like a nut. Maybe being fired will teach him.

Remember, there are no winners in a road rage situation. Disengage from it whenver you can, which you did by speeding up and getting out of it. You would not have been considered a "hero" if you opened fire on a man for driving irradically even if it was a threatening move. We gun owners have to exercise EXTRA sharp judgment while carrying in public. sometimes, the right move is to run away and let the cops take over. Thats what they are PAID to do! The old days of a good clean fistfight are over....which is what I personally would have loved to do in your shoes! You are taking a VERY big risk by engaging a total stranger in a fight these days. He may have tried to run you over, or worse!

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 01-04-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #37

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You were allowed to escape the threat. If you had stopped and engaged this person by displaying a firearm you could have a real problem. You did the correct thing avoiding a confrontation. Even though you were not armed you have a CCW.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

i would speak with the manager of the whataburger about their employee's actions. im sure they dont want a psychotic individual working for them. who knows how many times that individual has rubbed his junk on the food.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #39

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Sig, today you made the right choice. You chose to live to fight another day. Gf, child, etc. As gun owners, we need to be men and women of reason. A firearm is a tool, like a hammer or screwdriver. In good hands it does good work and in bad hands it does evil work. Unless you are FORCED to defend lives with a weapon your best defense is always retreat to safety. You can be proud of the decision you made. sounds to me like you have the basis of sound decision making to be a good father. Congrats!
That ment alot, thanks man

Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Update? Have you got a coupon for free whataburgers for life yet? Did the police seem interested? Does your lady seem more interested in getting a carry permit herself?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.