You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

today i did not carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 248 Times on 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

SIG, you were the one there. we weren't. you are the one who has to decide at what point you are being threatened and in fear for your life of your GF. no one here can make that decision for you, any more than you can make it for me or someone else. probably not the advice you were looking for, but just being as honest as i can.

simple advice, listen to your instincts and learn to trust them. i you have a bad feeling about a situation, there is probably a good reason for it.
Damn you would make a good neighbor
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #12

Liked 645 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Sig: Remember what I've heard a lot of old timers say. You carry a handgun not bc you're expecting trouble, it's bc they are convenient and concealable. If you are expecting trouble grab a long gun.
Glad to hear you and your GF are okay. Road rage can be scary.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Sig: Remember what I've heard a lot of old timers say. You carry a handgun not bc you're expecting trouble, it's bc they are convenient and concealable. If you are expecting trouble grab a long gun.
Glad to hear you and your GF are okay. Road rage can be scary.
Thankyou, i like that

Old 01-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
You carry a handgun not bc you're expecting trouble, it's bc they are convenient and concealable. If you are expecting trouble grab a long gun.
I'd only add that if you're expecting that much trouble, it might be wise not to be there to begin with!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #15

Those old timers are a gold mine of info and wisdom, but too often younger people like us fail to listen. Not saying you or anyone else here doesn't listen to them, just in general I don't think they are fully utilized. There is def something to say for someone who has lived twice as long as we have been alive.
As a side note, don't forget daily carry of a spare mag, light, and most importantly an edged weapon. If running to the gas station near home for a six pack I will sometimes not carry spare mag and light. I will always carry a knife when carrying a gun. In some situations going for your sidearm will do you no good, such as being grabbed around the throat from behind. Limited time before you pass out, knife is quicker to slice arm open and give you a chance to draw your primary. Just my opinion though, I'm no expert.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #16

Good point as well Blue.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Those old timers are a gold mine of info and wisdom, but too often younger people like us fail to listen. Not saying you or anyone else here doesn't listen to them, just in general I don't think they are fully utilized. There is def something to say for someone who has lived twice as long as we have been alive.
As a side note, don't forget daily carry of a spare mag, light, and most importantly an edged weapon. If running to the gas station near home for a six pack I will sometimes not carry spare mag and light. I will always carry a knife when carrying a gun. In some situations going for your sidearm will do you no good, such as being grabbed around the throat from behind. Limited time before you pass out, knife is quicker to slice arm open and give you a chance to draw your primary. Just my opinion though, I'm no expert.
I didnt i had a "know it all" attitude. Ive changed slowed down and began to listen during story time

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #18

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
Glad to hear you and your girlfriend are alright. I would contact whataburger if he was their employee and report his actions to management as well as the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I was on the phone with 911, trying to explain the situation and all i got is what, what, sir, what.....this is why i dont call. Theyre only good for pulling you over and giving you tickets
You may need to help the police out a bit with this one. Go file a report naming the business and location and time and description of his vehicle and description of him and his precise actions. After you have provided all of the information to the officers for the police report, get a copy to send to Whataburger's corporate office by fax or email AFTER speaking to a manager at their corporate office. It would be a good idea to look up that location on the interweb yellowpages to get the store number. Then you have the police and corporate crawling the store manager's nethers wanting to know what the heck went on. You also have a guarantee of unemployment for the jackass and potentially for the manager who didn't manage his employees.

Personally, i WOULD NOT go back to the location or call the location to complain; no sense in giving them a heads-up that trouble is coming.

I am glad the both of you came out unscathed. Maybe corporate will send some coupons to help smooth things over.

Last edited by orangello; 01-04-2013 at 02:52 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 AM   #19

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

You did a fine thing. I would've driven back into the burger lot, if he followed I'd take pic of his car and plate and take into his place of work and call the cops. I'd make sure his boss and the cops knew and had record of his actions. But you did just fine.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #20

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post

I was on the phone with 911, trying to explain the situation and all i got is what, what, sir, what.....this is why i dont call. Theyre only good for pulling you over and giving you tickets
Amen 100%!