today i did not carry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > today i did not carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default today i did not carry

Today i did not carry and almost paid the ultimate price.

It was a day full of errands and lots of running around. My 8 month pregnant gielfriend and i decided to have lunch at a whataburger. As we were leaving an employee came baraling around the corner and almost hit us, in the car. So naturally we honked. He honks back and starts to yell and curse at us. He then yelled racial slurs and threaten to "get my girl". We pulled out and he followed us on to the highway behind us. He acted as uf he was going to ram us. Coming with in inches of actually hitting us. We actually had to speed up to prevent it. I bit shook up i know now i will carry all the time. And now my gf feels it is necessary.

What would yall have done in my shoes?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Glad to hear you and your girlfriend are alright. I would contact whataburger if he was their employee and report his actions to management as well as the police.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Yep. There are idiots like that out there. I carry everyday, for this reason.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 676

during the roadrage your GF could have phoned police. you could have driven towards the nearest police station instead of the highway, or even a hospital or any federal building with police officers present. perhaps you should have picked a different place to eat. lol.. glad you are okay though.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #5

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1195

glad your ok...on another note ive never had whataburger was it good at least.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
during the roadrage your GF could have phoned police. you could have driven towards the nearest police station instead of the highway, or even a hospital or any federal building with police officers present. perhaps you should have picked a different place to eat. lol.. glad you are okay though.
I was on the phone with 911, trying to explain the situation and all i got is what, what, sir, what.....this is why i dont call. Theyre only good for pulling you over and giving you tickets
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #7

I posted here because i almost want to take legal action so this story gets out to show cc can be effective if done right. This guy would have done his damage and have been gone before the cops ever knew about it.

Also the ifs;
If i did have my pistol and if it did go bad what do i aim at. If i hit and kill him so dick DA could have me locked up for defending myself. But if i did shoot him in a limb; knee, leg, foot etc, what if i missed or it penetrated and hit someone else.

I think one should be allowed to defend themselves by any means without repercussions. I have a pregnant gf to defend but i also have a child to raise

Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #8

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

The thought of going back there and waiting for the prick to get off work and walk up to him and B1TCH Slap him comes to mind.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

People Like This 
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
The thought of going back there and waiting for the prick to get off work and walk up to him and B1TCH Slap him comes to mind.
O he was leaving when he did this. I wanted to but i was more worried about what if he sneaks one in on me and knocks me out....then,nothings is standing between him and my prego gf
Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #10

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Some people do need the **** kicked outta them every now and then..