thoughts on conceal carry badge - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > thoughts on conceal carry badge

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank
I understand your good points that you've pointed out but I always worry about the drug dealer or other nut case that may have it in for cops and off you because he things your a cop.
Learn proper technique to keep your piece hidden and don't worry about it. If you do need to pull it and use it and the real cops show up just comply with they orders to put the weapon down and I doubt you'll end up getting shot by fellow good guys.
I haven't bought one and probably won't . The chances of me having to use a firearm on anything other than paper, is slim I avoid malls and certain parts of town I know bad guys can be anywhere but I avoid certain places. ( we had a mall shooting a few years back )

Old 02-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #22

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

OK, you acknowledge the fact that its a bad idea! Yet insist that it would be carried concealed as with your pistol...

There is positively no legitimate reason for a permit holder to carry a pot metal badge that says your a concealed carry permittee.

Why are you continuing to attempt the rationalization of irrational activity?

I've carried for personal protection and for the job, I'm not just some blowhard.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 AM   #23

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

I was considering gettin one but seeing what all my fellow ccl holders feel about has deterred me

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
OK, you acknowledge the fact that its a bad idea! Yet insist that it would be carried concealed as with your pistol...

There is positively no legitimate reason for a permit holder to carry a pot metal badge that says your a concealed carry permittee.

Why are you continuing to attempt the rationalization of irrational activity?
Where did I acknowledge its a bad idea? And the insisting of its concealment is to stop any you want to show off talk.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #25

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The facts are that anyone who has a CCW and needs to "Flash" police badges needs to question their own intentions. This to me says power trip. If you are really concerned about exposure at the 7-11 then improve your carry. Spend your Jr. G-Man money on a better holster.

Certified Defense Handgun Inst.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #26
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 229

I ordered two, one for me, and for my wife. The instructor of my class sells them (I ordered mine on-line) and the sheriff of the county my class was taught, suggest CCW people have one.

If you ever have to discharge your weapon, make sure all witnesses you encounter, before the police come, see the badge. It instantly tells all witnesses who the good guy is, and who the bad guy is. Witnesses will fan out, and very possibly see the police before you do, and people telling the police who has the badge, is not a bad thing in the few seconds a police officer has to figure things out once they arrive.

After you discharge your weapon, show your badge, and ask people to call police.

The badge does not make you something you are not, it only shows you have your firearm on your person under legal circumstances.

I ordered small ones. If they turn out to be too small, I will order standard size ones.

Don't use the badge like Barney Fife, and it could be a tool to help you when and if needed. You have a CCW permit, but that is not instantly recognizable as anything. Badges are a good thing, and help authorities recognize who is on their side.

Never, never, never go around flashing your badge, as that will get your CCW permit yanked in a New York minute. The badge, as well as the firearm, should never see the light of day, unless absolutely necessary, and there is no other way to maintain law and order.

Pulled over for speeding? I would show your drivers license, proof of insurance, vehicle registration, CCW permit, and NOT SHOW THE BADGE. The badge and the gun, are something you hope you never never never have to display ever. However, if the dreaded day happens when you need to use one, I would use both.

I do think keeping the badge on the holster, together, is not a bad idea. However, I do think the gun should be 110% hidden all the time, so having the badge on the holster should be insurance you hope is never needed, just in case you slip and fall, or another accident happens.

Lets say, you are crossing the street, and get hit by a car. You are knocked out cold, and passersby call for an ambulance. In the phone call, the gun and badge is mentioned. Hey, guess what, broadcast is put out, Officer Down! Do you think you will get emergency response just a little faster? The other side of the coin, people say a jogger is hit by a car, and there is a gun on the scene, an ambulance will not be dispatched until an officer checks out the area, maybe two officers, or more. Once an all clear is called in, them the medical team will be allowed to be brought in.

Last edited by AR10; 02-24-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieseman71 View Post
So does a posable court date outweigh a hospital or morgue trip. Most people take the risk of being fired if caught carrying. Yet they still do. I know this is a matter of opinion and a personal choice. I'm just picking peoples brains.
in the most remote possiblities that you have to use your CC pistol to defend yourself and waiting on LEO's to show up, they are going to just come in with guns blazing? that's your idea of what will happen? seriously dude. you need to re-evaluate your thinking on this.

giving the impression of being a LEO is also considered impersonating a LEO in many states. having the badge IMO is a really bad idea. it's also a felony in some states. three cots and hots and a cell mate named Bubba who will be glad to show you some love.

as suggested, if your pistol is becoming visible, then investing in better concealment should be your first priority not a silly badge.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
I ordered two, one for me, and for my wife. The instructor of my class sells them (I ordered mine on-line) and the sheriff of the county my class was taught, suggest CCW people have one.

If you ever have to discharge your weapon, make sure all witnesses you encounter, before the police come, see the badge. It instantly tells all witnesses who the good guy is, and who the bad guy is. Witnesses will fan out, and very possibly see the police before you do, and people telling the police who has the badge, is not a bad thing in the few seconds a police officer has to figure things out once they arrive.

After you discharge your weapon, show your badge, and ask people to call police.

The badge does not make you something you are not, it only shows you have your firearm on your person under legal circumstances.

I ordered small ones. If they turn out to be too small, I will order standard size ones.

Don't use the badge like Barney Fife, and it could be a tool to help you when and if needed. You have a CCW permit, but that is not instantly recognizable as anything. Badges are a good thing, and help authorities recognize who is on their side.

Never, never, never go around flashing your badge, as that will get your CCW permit yanked in a New York minute. The badge, as well as the firearm, should never see the light of day, unless absolutely necessary, and there is no other way to maintain law and order.
So your saying I should talk to my sheriff. Great advice thanks

Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

in the most remote possiblities that you have to use your CC pistol to defend yourself and waiting on LEO's to show up, they are going to just come in with guns blazing? that's your idea of what will happen? seriously dude. you need to re-evaluate your thinking on this.

giving the impression of being a LEO is also considered impersonatint a LEO in many states. having the badge IMO is a really bad idea.

as suggested, if your pistol is becoming visible, then investing in better concealment should be your first priority not a silly badge.
You assume all is well and calm when they show up. What if hypotheticly speaking your engaging bad guys when they show up.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #30
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieseman71 View Post
It's legal to open carry in Nebraska, but in the city of Omaha you have to register any handgun to do it. Conceal carry you only register your self.
Hey Nebraska! I am in Lincoln. I remember that mall shooting. As I recall, that was before the CCW permits were issued?

Closed Thread