thoughts on conceal carry badge
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > thoughts on conceal carry badge

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

Default thoughts on conceal carry badge

I've seen these badges and have considered getting one. Here are my thoughts. #1 If I'm in a store and bend over to get somthing and my shirt rides up exposing the grip of my pistol some people will panick posably call 911 or get manager of store. If you had the badge concealed next to firearm it may reduce reaction. #2 I know probably will never happen but if your at a store,movie theater, any where in public and you have to engage a bad guy the badge could help identify you to other ccw holders or Leo as a good guy reducing the chances of being fired on. Please give me your thoughts or any pro's or

silver_concealed_weapons_tactical_badge_permit.jpg

con's

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Bad idea.

You dont need a flashy badge to "show off" your cch/cpl.

CONCEALED carry means nobody needs to know its there.

You don't need a LOOK AT ME.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
Bad idea.

You dont need a flashy badge to "show off" your cch/cpl.

CONCEALED carry means nobody needs to know its there.

You don't need a LOOK AT ME.
That's why I said it would be concealed with firearm until needed. I don't care about cool factor

Old 02-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieseman71 View Post
That's why I said it would be concealed with firearm until needed. I don't care about cool factor
The badge isn't going to convince anyone you are safe. If you expose your concealed carry people are going to react...the badge won't mean squat. If you flash it LE may arrest you for impersonating an officer. Keep your concealed carry concealed...printing or brandishing is a crime in some states so be careful.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

The badge isn't going to convince anyone you are safe. If you expose your concealed carry people are going to react...the badge won't mean squat. If you flash it LE may arrest you for impersonating an officer. Keep your concealed carry concealed...printing or brandishing is a crime in some states so be careful.
Fall and winter its easy but in summer ive had my shirt ride up at grocery store and didn't know it till I could feel the piercing eyes.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #6

It's legal to open carry in Nebraska, but in the city of Omaha you have to register any handgun to do it. Conceal carry you only register your self.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #7

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

People will think your out to prove something to someone. I wouldn't.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #8

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

We don't need no stinking badges.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This was covered in another thread long ago. At first I argued, "why not? If someone decides they want one, fine"

I was convinced later that it's a bad idea. I can't remember why, but I still feel that way.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Not a good idea.

Winston Churchill

Closed Thread