Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   thoughts on conceal carry badge (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/thoughts-conceal-carry-badge-85002/)

wieseman71 02-24-2013 02:33 AM

thoughts on conceal carry badge

1 Attachment(s)
I've seen these badges and have considered getting one. Here are my thoughts. #1 If I'm in a store and bend over to get somthing and my shirt rides up exposing the grip of my pistol some people will panick posably call 911 or get manager of store. If you had the badge concealed next to firearm it may reduce reaction. #2 I know probably will never happen but if your at a store,movie theater, any where in public and you have to engage a bad guy the badge could help identify you to other ccw holders or Leo as a good guy reducing the chances of being fired on. Please give me your thoughts or any pro's or

Attachment 87222

con's

willfully armed 02-24-2013 02:38 AM

Bad idea.

You dont need a flashy badge to "show off" your cch/cpl.

CONCEALED carry means nobody needs to know its there.

You don't need a LOOK AT ME.

wieseman71 02-24-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed
Bad idea.

You dont need a flashy badge to "show off" your cch/cpl.

CONCEALED carry means nobody needs to know its there.

You don't need a LOOK AT ME.

That's why I said it would be concealed with firearm until needed. I don't care about cool factor

Jpyle 02-24-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wieseman71 (Post 1151094)
That's why I said it would be concealed with firearm until needed. I don't care about cool factor

The badge isn't going to convince anyone you are safe. If you expose your concealed carry people are going to react...the badge won't mean squat. If you flash it LE may arrest you for impersonating an officer. Keep your concealed carry concealed...printing or brandishing is a crime in some states so be careful.

wieseman71 02-24-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle

The badge isn't going to convince anyone you are safe. If you expose your concealed carry people are going to react...the badge won't mean squat. If you flash it LE may arrest you for impersonating an officer. Keep your concealed carry concealed...printing or brandishing is a crime in some states so be careful.

Fall and winter its easy but in summer ive had my shirt ride up at grocery store and didn't know it till I could feel the piercing eyes.

wieseman71 02-24-2013 02:59 AM

It's legal to open carry in Nebraska, but in the city of Omaha you have to register any handgun to do it. Conceal carry you only register your self.

kytowboater 02-24-2013 03:02 AM

People will think your out to prove something to someone. I wouldn't.

opaww 02-24-2013 03:16 AM

We don't need no stinking badges.

trip286 02-24-2013 03:20 AM

This was covered in another thread long ago. At first I argued, "why not? If someone decides they want one, fine"

I was convinced later that it's a bad idea. I can't remember why, but I still feel that way.

locutus 02-24-2013 03:46 AM

Not a good idea.