Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Thinking of the Taurus TCP for wife's carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/thinking-taurus-tcp-wifes-carry-75768/)

12fretter 11-06-2012 12:11 PM

Thinking of the Taurus TCP for wife's carry

I went to a gun show this past weekend and couldn't stop picking up the Taurus TCP. I actually called my wife to beg her to let me get it even though I wasn't supposed to spend any money. Surprisingly she said to go ahead. More surprisingly, I held off. Could have gotten it for $199 with one clip. So I checked Buds' Gun Shop and that was the same price with free delivery +transfer. Being that I can order from Bud's anytime, I held off, but it was rather difficult. It felt really good in my hand with the pinky extension. The wife has fired the LCP but I heard the TCP has a slightly lighter trigger which would suit her better.

Comments?

And BTW, do you pay local tax if you buy at a show? I know the items I did get that day weren't taxed, but are firearms different? It would end up cheaper if no taxes, than ordering from Buds, and there is another show in a couple weeks.

THEMENACE 11-06-2012 02:03 PM

What state are you in?

What got my attention with the tcp is definitely the trigger. I liked it a lot. Seems like really good value to me

THE MENACE

12fretter 11-06-2012 02:08 PM

I'm in Tennessee.

THEMENACE 11-06-2012 02:20 PM

Can you guys legally buy/trade amongst each other? If so I would imagine no tax. I guess it would depend on who is selling it also.

Check out slickguns.com as they have some tcp deals listed. Handed had it brand new and everything for $199 and they sold out.....but I'm sure everyone else's prices will soon follow

THE MENACE

12fretter 11-06-2012 02:46 PM

Thanks again. Yes, we can buy and sell privately here. I checked out slickguns but there are none available now for less than $199 delivered, so I'll wait til the 23rd for the next show.

hardluk1 11-06-2012 03:39 PM

The tcp is a great little 380. Not many trigger from anystock pistols are any lighter or smoother ether. Recoil can be a little rough on a newer shooters so keep that in mind. Go to taurus's site and get to know the 6 different models from the FS with a oxide finished carbon steel slide and one mag that retails for 199 and can be bought for around 185.oo in many LGS. up to the black finished SS slide with a pounch and 2 mags for around 260.oo for a LGS price. Also they don't seem to be picky about ammo. Besure the serial number starts with a C as that is the lastest models out

12fretter 11-06-2012 05:35 PM

Yep, I'm definitely GASing for one of these now. Especially with what is said repeatedly about the trigger pull. Can't wait.

pioneer461 11-06-2012 05:58 PM

If it's for your wife, it doesn't matter how well it fits your hand. What's important is how it fits your wife.

enit2winit 11-06-2012 07:43 PM

I bought one for my mother. After taking it to the range, I liked it so much I kept it for myself! It is now my primary carry gun because it is so easy to conceal. I carry it in my back pocket.

hardluk1 11-07-2012 11:50 AM

I think 12fritter is hopeing the wife hates it so he can claim it as his!!??!!