Things to think about before you open carry - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Things to think about before you open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
Wikipedia usually shuts down "edit wars" pretty fast. When it comes to laws in states and counties they are usually pretty accurate. Sure, anybody can edit the page, but there are usually twice as many watchers of the page as there are random editors that try to change the page.
That's the point I have to make to everyone as well. Well said.

--
Epic Tactical - Gun reviews and more!

Love guns? Wanna talk about them? Apply within!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #12

Default Large fram or small fram

I carry a Colt 1911 on my side most of the time but I try to cover it a little with either my T-shirt or a vest that I wear . I dont do it because I am afraid to show it I do it so peaple dont get spooky around me as I am 6'4" and 300 lbs I scare most peaple just by standing there LOL But old age has kinda caught up with me and I cant defend myself like I use to so I carry anywhere I go now and yes I do have a CWP. Just to surprise you I also am very polite no matter who is in front of me and if you cant tell I am packing that large 1911 on my hip you be as blind as can be ,, I am not going to hide the fact that I feel it is better to at least cover it so some do feel uncomfortable with a huge old man is walking around packing heat .... Yet it is readily availible if I ever need it and hopefully that may never happen but it is best to have it when needed then to reach for it when it aint there......

Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #13

I would have to disagree with the bit about how you dress while open carrying. That may be the case in some places, but not in other places. If you dressed up as suggested in the area I live in you'd stand out like a turd in a punchbowl. Nobody dresses that nicely around here. Jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, flannel shirt, tattoo's....whatever it all flies up here and wouldn't be looked twice at. But we don't have a firearm crime problem, guns are used for hunting and shooting targets here, not for robbing people.

Besides, if its legal to open carry where you are at who cares if somebody calls the police?? They probably won't even show up.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #14

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Knowing local laws is really important in some purple states. Oregon is open carry country. Except municipalities are allowed to make different laws. So there are a couple of counties out of 25 or so, and a few major cities in which open carry is NOT legal. I CC, so it is not an issue, but anyone who wishes to open carry must drive around Portland.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:

Resources for those that are interested in open carry:
Frankly, I'd trust Handgunlaw.us before I trusted wikipedia. Also USA Carry as well. They both have regular updates and generally more reliable connections to state info.

As for dress, well, I've found as long as your pistol is in a holster, and not just stuck in your belt, Mexican style, that alone makes a big difference.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 06-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #16

Default Lolol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Dewd, that's an example of how not to dress when you're breathing.
That's Funny....

Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

That is a seriously scary picture. If I saw this guy, I would go to condition red instantly and begin preparing myself mentally for the worst.

I'd kickoff the the whole, "Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet" mindset.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
That is a seriously scary picture. If I saw this guy, I would go to condition red instantly and begin preparing myself mentally for the worst.

I'd kickoff the the whole, "Be Polite, Be Professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet" mindset.
Really? If I saw that guy, I'd probably fall down laughing.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Tags
open carry