Is there a best carrying spot (conceiled) when it comes to SD?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Is there a best carrying spot (conceiled) when it comes to SD?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Is there a best carrying spot (conceiled) when it comes to SD?

Hi everyone, i just got my carrying license yesterday and took my glock 23 to my work for the first time. I bought the only holster it was availble in kind of a hury and put it in my hip because i work both seated and standing. Two problems ,it was uncomfortable as i felt the barrel pushing against my thigh all the time and it made a big bulge in my hip. I live in Puerto Rico and here if someone can notice you are armed its kind of a big issue and you can get in trouble, even if you have a licence. With my 23, it conceals better in my back, leg, front aspect of my hip(but there it would be uncomfortable to seat) or a fany pack. The thing is i dont know if those areas are adequate when it comes t SD. I woul like to read your thoughts and experiences!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I'm assuming you're carrying IWB, it takes some getting used to. If it's uncomfortable, you're not as likely to wear it. The 23 is a bit long for CC (IMHO) but lots of folks do it. As far as presentation, it's all subjective. Obviously drawing from an OWB holster is going to be quicker but with practice, lots and lots of practice, you can get to it quickly from just about anywhere but your ankle. Some folks are lightning fast from a cross draw, some not so much. Take the time to find yourself a holster that is perfect for you and is comfortable to wear then just practice your draw. So to answer the question, there is no one perfect spot for everyone, it's what works best for you.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Finding a comfy holster is why a lot of people have drawers full of like new barely used holsters.

Ive just started my personal collection

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'd get a different gun. Kahr .40 or Walther PPS.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #5

I carry my 23 at about 3:30 in a Crossbreed supertuck. It is really comfy to carry. I won't say you forget it's there, but I don't have any problems wearing it all day long.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I agree, i also carry a G23 and i carry right around the 3:30 position; in a tommytheis holster. Just like you said, its comfy but i couldnt forget its there. The 4:00-4:30 area is really nice but it prints alot more if you bend over.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #7

Like what's been said get a crossbreed or theis and it will change your situation instantly.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #8

I use a few different holsters depending on what or were I'm going and wearing. It definately takes trying different options to see what works best. For me the belt holster is for sure the most comfortable and easiest to draw. It just isn't as concealable. I wear it in the winter with my H&K USP .40 Compact, I also carry that weapon in an IWB holster not as comfortable for all day wear but hidden more easily with an untucked shirt. Summer time shorts and tee is a left handed IWB moved to the small of the back with a SA XD .40 subcompact. Very well hidden with just a tee shirt. Just clip it on my shorts as I exit the truck put in the crack between the seats when I'm driving. Best advise try out different styles and see what works best for you. Good luck

Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Now if it worked these are pics of how I carry, cross draw and on my hip. Both conceal well. I carry my sig p239 and Kimber pro carry the in the same holster. ( not at same time) my sig is close in size to a g23, the sig is just a little thinner because it is a single stack mag.

image-3003995338.jpg   image-2598613298.jpg   image-2000269875.jpg  

Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm very sory for my ignorance but how clock positions relate to carrying positions? (Im new in this!)